Chapter 62: Unexpected Comforter

River's P.O.V.

She followed me outside, crying.

I wanted so bad to just turn around and hold her.

But I wasn't giving in to that, not again.

I never had sex with Maracel or anyone else for that matter while I was with Cassidy with the exception of my ex wife. But that was only one time.

Cassidy's had sex with Max twice.
To be completely honest, I was more angry at myself than anything because I actually thought that she was the one. I convinced myself that she'd be the woman to change me.

I knew that I was becoming even more dangerous. I realized it because while I was choking Max, a part of me didn't want to let go. I had to force myself to. In fact the only reason why I stopped was because I realized that Max wasnt fully to blame for it. Cassidy was just as guilty. Maybe even more.

While on the road my phone started to ring.

I looked and saw that it was Lindsay. Great.

I hesitatingly answered.

"Look Lindsay I'm really not in the mood to listen to you bitch about me being a dick right now."

"No, that's not why I called... In fact I called to ask if you could come over." She said.

"For?"

"I just need someone to talk to. And for some stupid reason, you're the only person I'm in the mood to talk to. Maybe because you understand what I'm going through."

"Uh.... Yea sure. I'll be there in a bit."

I'd completely forgotten that Lindsay was dealing with the same thing I was. And I'm sure it was hitting her harder than it was hitting me because of the fact that Max was her first real relationship.

Cassidy kept calling me but I didn't answer. I couldn't bear to talk to her.

I pulled into Lindsay's apartments and went to knock on her front door.

She opened it before I could actually knock and invited me in.
After taking just one look at her I saw that she'd been crying her eyes out as her mascara and eyeliner were running.

I followed her to her room and sat on the end of her bed, across from her.

"I know this is probably weird for you, seeing me cry and all, but this is just really hard."

"Its just as hard for me. Yea your bestfriend had sex with your boyfriend but look at it from my perspective: my cousin, who I considered more of a brother, had sex with the girl that I'd planned on proposing to today."

"You were gonna propose?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yea." I responded as I took the ring from my pocket and showed it to her.

"River I'm so sorry." She apologized. "Its hard to believe that you're not bawling your eyes out too."

"I dont cry anymore." I said. "This is the first time I've wanted to in almost 16 years but I just can't bring myself to do it."

She moved next to me and grabbed my hand. To be comforting. I didn't think much of it until she stood up in front me and reached for my shirt as she started to lift it up and over my head.

And I let her.

I picked her up and laid her down onto the bed then climbed on top of her.

I then rolled over so that I was now laying on the bed and she was above me.