Chapter 1: How It All Began

I want you to do something for me.

I want you to close your eyes just for a moment.

Close them and think about the day that changed your life.

I want you to focus on every single detail of that day.

What was the weather like? What were you wearing? How did you feel?

If the day you're imagining was truly the day that changed your life then you should have no problem answering any of these questions.

Or maybe it wasn't just one day that changed your life, maybe it was two. At least, that's how it was for me.

Now, this day, the day that changed your life, was it a good day? Or was it the complete opposite.

Or was it both? Like me.

The reason I'm asking you these questions is because I wanna know if anyone else out there has experienced what I experienced in some way shape or form.

They say that life throws things at you to see how well you handle it. To see how strong of a person you are.

But I don't think that's true.

The way I see it is that life throws things at you to bring you down, to break you. Life's a bitch.

I can personally testify to that...
.
.

Seeing him just laying there, lifeless, defenseless, and vulnerable, hurt like hell because he was the strongest guy I'd ever known.

I sat on the edge of the hospital bed and grabbed his hand. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I wanted to cry so bad but I knew he wouldn't want that.

"You're an asshole." I said to him with a laugh as a soft tear rolled down my cheek.... The first tear that had fallen since the accident.

"The doctor told me that I have to make a decision now... which isn't very difficult to decide because I know what you'd want. It's just gonna be hard for me to accept it."

I gently placed my free hand on the side of his face and closed my eyes.

"I can't lose you. I can't do this. I'm not ready to let go. Not so soon."

I wiped away the fallen tears and tightened my grip around his hand.

"You'd probably be laughing at me right now for crying." I stated with a sorrowful grin. "Then you'd wrap me in your arms and tell me not to cry or else you'll start crying."

I'd been a wreck all day. The stress and emotions were finally starting to take over even though the accident had happened nearly two weeks before.

The accident that had him fighting for his life.

The accident that changed my life forever.

I should probably explain.

You see, it all started when I was 19.

****************************
Cassidy's P.O.V.

The steam from the shower felt amazing. I stood in it for half an hour before actually cleaning myself. I had a lot running through my mind and I simply wanted to relax and just let go for once. The steam rolling over my body made me feel as if I was floating on clouds and I didn't want it to end. I felt so calm. But of course that didn't last very long.

"Cassie! Get out of the fucking shower already! You've been in there forever!" I heard Jordan yell.

Jordan was my roommate and best friend. We've literally known each other since we were in diapers. We've shared an apartment for the past 2 years and let me tell you, these 2 years have been one big rollercoaster. Jordan's a guy and I'm a chick so as you can probably guess we've had thousands of fights over little things like keeping our place clean, deciding what to have for dinner, and on a few occasions, him leaving condoms on the bathroom floor.