Chapter 29: A Rare Type Of Man

A/N

Okay so I have two things to say, although I'll tell you the second thing (which is really important) at the end of the chapter.

So first, I'm sort of making a small change. Usually when I upload a new chapter I always use a picture at the top of the chapter with the character that's associated with that specific chapter. From now on though, whenever I upload a new one I'm just gonna use pictures of characters throughout the whole story whether they're in that chapter or not. Meaning I could publish a chapter dedicated only to Cassidy and River but use a picture of Max at the top for example. I'm just doing this to get you guys more familiar with the characters.... Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one. And remember, I have something else to say at the end of the chapter so read on!!!

**************************

It all started on January 1st. New Years' day...

.....

I woke up the next morning with a banging headache and an aching body. Maybe it was because of the all drinks I had but then again, River and I had (amazing) sex last night so maybe that was why. As my eyes adjusted to the sunlit room I realized that I was still wrapped in River's arms. I tried easing my way out of his grip as gently as I could but he woke up as I was almost completely out of his reach. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me back.

"Where are you going?" He asked, half asleep.

"Downstairs." I giggled.

"Nooo." He groaned. "Stay... just a few more minutes."

I shook my head and smiled as I tried to get up from my bed but was pulled back down.

"Riiiver." I complained. "I'm just going downstairs."

"But I wanna hold you. Just a little longer." He replied.

"You've held me for hours. Time for you to let go now."

"Stop complaining. You complain too much. Now lay down." He stated.

"Nope. I'm getting up...like you should be doing."

"Whatever." He finally gave up trying to convince me as he turned to face the other direction.

Seconds later he was off to sleep again.

Even when he was sleeping he still looked like an angel.

How the hell was it possible for him to ALWAYS look attractive? The world may never know.

I went downstairs and saw my mom sitting at the dining table drinking a cup of tea with Riley. I sat down in the chair across from her.

"Hey mom." I said.

"Good morning sweetie." She replied. "How'd you sleep?"

"Oh, she did a lot more than just sleep last night." Riley said with an amused smirk.

"Hm...I slept alright." I replied, trying to ignore Riley's comment.

"Really?" She stated. "Because I walked into your room about an hour ago and saw you sleeping while cuddled up with your buddy River...not to mention you both shared a pretty intense kiss last night."

I blushed and turned my head away. Not because I was embarassed but because it was finally time for me to tell my parents.

"You two aren't engaged are you?" She asked.

"Oh god no...no we're not engaged...just dating that's it. " I quickly responded.

"Whew. Thank god. The reason I asked is because when I went into your room this morning I saw that you were wearing a ring that looked a lot like an engagement ring."