Memory Lane

Lassitude ~51

Riley Dallas' pov

"Us?" Cameron asks lightly. "We can talk about this when we're home."

"I want to talk to you now Cam. It bothers me that I'm hurting you."

"You're hurt too Ri. I want you to be happy and like I've said. If you still want a divorce, I'll go through with it."

"Cam... I gave you a letter that got your hopes up. I didn't mean to hu-."

"It's okay," he gives me a weak smile. "You promised me you'd take care of me until I've gotten better. I'm better and I have you to thank."

"I'm really sorry Cam," I say lightly and guilty that I want to continue with the divorce in a way.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I did this on my own and I've hurt you mentally and physically, beyond what I can imagine. I think it's best if we get a divorce..." I can tell the strain to his voice and I only nod, because I know this is hard for him. It's hard for both of us.

"This doesn't mean I want you out of my life Cam."

"Whatever you want Ri. I want you to live in Canada with your family like you said and if you want to take the ki-"

"We'll talk to the kids about that," I say lightly. "I'm not going to take everything away from you Cam... I just want time away and maybe see myself being around you more when I'm ready."

"And Logan?"

"Cam..."

"I know," he sighs. "I do get to see him and visit, right?"

"Of course you do. Cam, this divorce isn't going to happen tomorrow. You will still have time to spend with us." He nods slowly. "Are you going to stay here?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know. I was thinking of moving closer to my my mom and Sierra. I've really missed them and it wouldn't be the same without you here."

"Maybe, I should move close to where my brother is. It would be closer to you if you're in California and you'd be able to see the kids more. Maybe they would live with you. I... I just don't want to break this to them," I sigh frustrated and exhausted.

"We'll do this together. For now, sleep." I nod sheepishly as I lean my head onto his chest and felt myself drifting off. "I'm sorry for all the worry and pain I've caused you," I heard as the last thing.

Little did I know I was about to take a trip down memory lane.

~Dreams~

Memory #1

The first thing that came into my mind...

I saw myself texting Cameron one night when we were in Hawaii. It was one of the first times we really talked.

Camisbae❤️: I can't wait to see you

Me: I can't either. Just a few hours from now

Camisbae ❤️: keeping me up huh? It's almost 2:30 in the morning you know (:

Me: ohh my gosh! Cam!

Camisbae❤️: WHAT?! Are you okay?! Do I need to come over there?

Me: I'm not hurt 🙈 I never ate since I've been here

Camisbae❤️: Do you have food?

Me: No and I think everything is closed :( my stomach is grumbling and I'm hungry