Hope

Lassitude ~10

Riley Dallas' pov

"Ri..." Cameron says gently after he brings me into the living room and sat me down on the couch. Ryan had decided to head for school and Natalia is cleaning the mess as she continues breakfast for everyone else. "Babe, please breath. I'm sure she's alright. She probably went to see Cooper."

"I don't understand," I say softly and confusingly. "Why would she leave like that? Did I do something or-"

"No, of course not. It's my fault. Not yours. We had a bit of a problem yesterday."

"Problem? Is everything alright?" Cameron sighs and puts his fingers through his hair. He looks guilty.

"She was being rude to Claire. I don't understand why she doesn't like her. Claire has only been trying to be nice to her. I don't get it."

"Did you say something to make her upset?"

"I... grounded her." He bites his bottom lip nervously. "I took her phone and laptop away from her." My eyes widens and I slap his arm.

"Cameron! It's right before her birthday! How could you do that and you didn't tell me last night?"

"I was upset and mad that she would be the way she was acting. I wasn't thinking when I grounded her."

"You're going to talk to her when she gets home, right?"

"Of course I will." I give Cameron my stern look.
"I will, I'm going to fix this. Ryan just texted me saying that she's with Cooper. She's fine Ri." I nod my head and sigh.

"What time is it?" Cameron checks with his watch and looks back at me.

"Time for us to head for your ultrasound," He half smiles. "Today is going to be great," He reassures me. I nod and smile faintly as he stood up and held his hand out to me. I gently take his hand and he helps me up.

~Forty five minutes later~

Cameron and I walk into the doctor's office. The walls are filled with photos of parents with their children or infants. Couples young and middle aged are sitting here. Some are holding their infants and some are far into their pregnancy. I checked in and walk over to where Cameron is sitting with the clipboard. I begin to fill out the paperwork.

"I'm so excited," Cameron says from beside me with excitement.

"Me too," I smile as I continue to fill the sheet. When I am finished filling out the paperwork, I stand again and walk over to the receptionist and hand everything to her before taking a seat again. Cameron wraps an arm around me and kisses my cheek.

"Are we heading to eat right after this or to the airport?"

"Airport. I was thinking we can have everyone eat once they arrive here." He nods as a nurse comes out and looks onto her clipboard before looking up.

"Riley Dallas?" Cameron stands with me and I feel nervous and excited all at once. I walk over to the nurse and Cameron follows slightly behind. "Mrs.Dallas?" She asks kindly.

"Hi," I smile. "That's me."

"Mr.Dallas?" The nurse asks with a friendly smile and looks towards Cameron. Cameron nods. "Wonderful, let's get the both of you into a room." She turns and held the door open wider. Cameron takes the door and I thank him as I follow the nurse down the hall.

As we get towards the back, I feel jittery and excited. The nurse stops at a room with the door opened and lets us walk in. I look around at the pictures on the walls and parenting pamphlets on the table.

"Dr.Gin will be with you in a little bit. Mrs.Dallas, you can sit on the bed."

"Thank you," I smile and she closes the door as
I take a shaky breath. I look towards Cameron who who has a warm smile and leads me over to the bed. He takes the chair and sits on the side of the window.

Ryan Dallas' pov

What does my sister have for her first class? I walk onto campus wondering if Coop and Grace are here yet. I take my phone out to call Cooper. Grace hasn't answered her phone.

"Ryan," Cooper answers.

"Hey, is... Grace with you?"

"Yeah, we're walking to the music building to drop her viola off. Here she is." I can hear the phone being passed as a small talk was exchanged.

"Hi Ryan," I hear my sister say.

"Hey, I tried to call and text you, but you never responded." I start to make my way towards the music building. There's silence on the other end. "Sis?"

"Dad took my phone and laptop away from me."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah," She sighs. "Now I won't be able to get ahead with my assignments." I walk into the building and look for the storage room.

"You can borrow my laptop for now. I'll talk to dad, Gracie."

"Really?" She asks with hope. "You're the best."

"No problem. I'm in the music building now heading for the storage room. Are you two there?"

"Yeah. We'll wait for you here."

"I'll see you in a moment."

"Okay," She says softly. I say a quick goodbye before making my way up one of the stairways to the third floor. I've become a little familiar with the building since Grace is a part of the music program here. This is a pretty big building, but I don't know the whole place like Grace probably does.

Take a left up here and follow the hallways until I find the small hallway to the right that leads into the big storage room for the stringed instruments. I turn the hall to see other students going in and out of the room.

I walk in and spot Grace and Cooper by the windowsill. She must have already put her viola away. I make my way over to them and I notice my sister not looking quite her usual cheerful self.

"Hey," I greet as I approach them and they both turn towards me. Grace immediately hugs me and I take it off guard as I look towards Cooper worried and I hug my sister trying to reassure her. I keep my arm around her shoulders as we walk out of the storage room.

"You alright?" I ask her gently. She shakes her head and I suddenly feel bad. "Is there anyway I can make you feel better?"

"I don't think so," she sighs. "I'm grounded."

"Seriously? Dad really did that?" We begin to walk towards her first class.

"Yes. He's being really unfair. I didn't curse Claire out or anything. I barely said anything. I don't get why he'd just raise his voice at me for something so small."

"We'll get through this. Maybe dad will unground you. You know, since it's our birthday this weekend?" She shrugs and we walk the rest of the way to her class in silence.

~

I want to apologize for slow updates every other week. I promise I haven't forgotten this story! At the moment my mind has been set on another story that I am close to finishing. 

To all of you who reads Hayes Grier/ Jacob Whitesides stories, this is a story for you. Book 1 is called Limerence and I am currently working on book 2 called Aquiver.

I'm just at a really good wringing spot and I didn't want to lose the mind set.

I'll continue to update !

-Sam