Our Story

Lassitude ~42

Nash Grier's pov

We ended the call with Riley and I let out a sigh. Now for having to tell Cameron about this. I guess Cameron at some point when he cooled down last night, went up to the bedroom to apologize. No one knew what he was up to, because we all left him alone as we tried to figure out the situation between Shawn and Claire and also to make sure Ri was doing okay.

After the hospital really early this morning, we let Ri go with Claire. When Jack, G, Matt and I returned from the hospital, we found Cameron in the kitchen playing with Ri's wedding ring. He had ice to his eye. He looked so devastated and upset. I know my best friend is hurting, but I don't really know how to help him. He did this on his own.

He started apologizing to all of us and was wondering where the kids and Riley had went. It was painful for me to explain to him why she left with the kids, because everyone else is mad at him and they left to go to bed. Only Matt had stayed.

Now he is up in the bedroom and hasn't left since. Matt and I walked up there earlier with food made by Natalia to bring to him. I don't know what's up with him. One minute he's angry and the next he's broken. I worry for him.

We had the girls, the kids, and Hayes go out for the day. I think they left for an amusement park or the aquarium for the day. They shouldn't be getting back until late. Jack, Jack, Sam and his family went to Claire's for the day. For Shawn and his family... I'm not sure.

"I'm going to check up on him," I say and Matt nods.

"I'm going to figure where Shawn is. I think Hayes went to see them." I nod and make my way towards the stairs. I slowly make my way up and make my way down the hall until I am in front of the door. I take a deep breath before I knock.

"Cam?" I call out. I let a moment pass by before I reach for the knob and open the door. I peak my head in and look around to see the balcony door opened. I make my way over and through the doors where I find Cameron sitting under the blankets with the ring still in his hand. He turns his head slightly and I notice he doesn't look well. "Hey," I half smile. I take a seat on the edge of the couch he is on.

He continues to play with Ri's ring in silence. I don't understand what I can do for him. He doesn't look mad. He looks upset and stressed.

"Ri... won't answer my calls."

"She is pretty upset from yesterday. You bruised her tailbone." I watch as Cam closes his eyes painfully.

"I didn't mean to. I was mad."

"Mad? Cam, you were breaking her heart. Did you know you broke two of your wedding vows last night?" He opens his eyes and he looks like he could cry at any moment. I swear, Ri is the only reason and time he would cry. That I've seen him tear up anyway. Cameron never liked to show his emotions.

"I have to go see her and apologize. To figure this out. I know I screwed up. I just want to talk to her."

"You can't right now," I sigh shaking my head. "I promise as soon as she's ready, I'll take you to her. You have to promise me you won't get mad and blow up on her. You want the baby to be alright, right?"

"Of course I do. I don't want anything to happen to him. I haven't been the best father, I know." Something is telling me maybe I should get Cam for a check up. The strange part, just yesterday he wanted to rip my head off. Now... he's like this.

"We'all see Ri and the kids later," I reassure him. To the best of my ability I am. "I'll call her again and make sure you at least see the kids today. Alright?" He nods I see the bags under his eyes. I haven't took note of that before. I frown slightly.