Pushing It

Lassitude ~26

Riley Dallas' pov

There's a knock to my bathroom door of the bedroom and I look up at the mirror to see Nash poking his head in. We make eye contact and he opens the door a little more. I rinse my mouth quickly.

A look of worry occurs and he makes his way over to me as I finish rinsing my mouth. I make sure to get the taste out of my mouth. Feeling slightly overwhelmed and tired. I wipe my face with the towel Nash hands over to me and I thank him.

Why would Cameron not contact me or even answer after a whole night? What is going through his mind to leave without at least letting me know he left? The fact that he has never come home and I haven't seen him since last night. He knows I worry when I don't hear from him after a certain point.

"Cameron is alright," Nash says gently and hugs me. I let my head lean to his shoulder and hug back taking a few deep breaths. That's good to hear. "He says he's really sorry for not contacting you."

"Where has he been?" I ask tiredly. He makes sure I am steady enough to walk back into the bedroom.

"I don't know. I'm really sorry. He said he will be home really soon."

"I want to murder him for scaring me like this. I hate that he didn't say anything." I felt Nash rubbing my back as I let out a sigh. "I need to make sure Ryan is alright."

"Do you want me to go with you? You're looking a little sick today."

"It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Nash." We both pull away and he sends me a warming smile.

"I'll make sure to give Cam a very well and thorough talk when he gets back."

"He definitely needs one," I yawn as the both of us make our way out of my bedroom. We make our way down the hallway where Ryan's bedroom is and I knock before slowly opening the door. I peak my head in to see Cooper and Ryan looking away from the tv. It looks like they were playing a video game.

"Hi mom," Ryan says worriedly. "Are you alright?"

"Of course," I half smile.

"You don't look well mom." I bite my lip nervously. Ryan gets up immediately and looks towards Nash. "We should help her to bed."

"Ry-" I start, but Ryan shakes his head and gently takes my arm. He is the sweetest kid you will ever know.

"We need you to rest up and I can make soup."

"No. Ryan, it's your birthday."

"I want my mama to be better," Ryan says as he leads me to my bedroom and Nash follows after. "I want you to rest and take a nap."

"But..." I look at Nash and he shrugs.

"No buts. It's my birthday, I want to be able to celebrate with you later. I'm sure Natalia can make me breakfast while I make you your soup." We all enter my bedroom and I am helped into bed by my son.

"You're so sweet Ryan," I now yawn comfortably under the covers.

"I will take care of you. Stay in bed." He makes his way out of the bedroom and closes the door as I look at Nash.

"I'll make sure he has a good day."

"You're a lifesaver," I say lightly. "Cam is dead when he gets home." Nash chuckles lightly and nods understanding.

"I wonder where he and Johnson went. Especially overnight. Ranisha is pretty upset with him."

"That makes two of us."