Dallas Twins

•Welcome to book 3! Hope all of you will enjoy reading this as you have with Incipient and Evanescent (:

Week 11: Thursday

Ryan Dallas' pov:

I shut my locker shut and breathe with relief. One more day of second terms and we have a two week break from school. The wonderful thoughts of no school for a while. Closing my bag, I start to make my way to my usual spot with Cooper and Grace. We like to walk home together most days.

"Hey Ry, good luck to your team Saturday," a classmate said as I walked by.

"Thanks."

"We'll all be there," another says.

"I'll see you ask there," I smile and wave. Everyone here is eager about the huge tournament against Melbourne this weekend. Their team is traveling here for the weekend. We've been into the tournament for a few weeks now playing against different club teams. It's just the beginning as there over fifty teams in the country.

I wave to classmates as I continue walking and thought about the busy weekend. Tomorrow is the last day of the second term where we get a two week break. Uncle Shawn, Uncle Jack, G are coming to visit for awhile since they have, yet finished another tour together. It has been several months since I've seen them. I think Caitlyn and her daughter are arriving here tonight with Ranisha, who is dating uncle Jack.

On Friday, It will be Uncle Shawn, Uncle Jack, G, and a few others who will be arriving tomorrow. On Saturday is the big tournament which everyone here is really excited about. Then on Sunday is
Grace and I's fourteenth birthday. Mom and dad hasn't mentioned to us what we were doing for the day.

Speaking of my mom and dad, they've been very... I'm not really sure. With dad and his show, sometimes it seems he is never around. He's not home as much and the weekends he's out a lot with Matt, Nash and a few people from the show. They spend a lot of time together and it sort of bothers me that mom doesn't see him very much. He comes home so late that she would already be asleep.

I'm not complaining about my life, but also wonder how perfect it seems to me. I have everything I can ask for since I've been adopted. Moving here to Australia when we were younger and growing up here has been an experience. My sister and I have been taken in by the best parents in the world.

I follow the pathway until I reach the tree. Many students enter and go the school grounds. Last class of the day has just ended a few minutes ago. I watch the crowd of students trying to spot Cooper. He's usually the one who would get here before Grace.

Cooper Felton, he is Tom Felton's son and my best friend. My parents are really close friends to his family and so we've known each other since we've moved here. His dad and mom comes over to my house on a daily basis.

Nash and Matt's family lives here. We all live in a house together big enough for many families. Nash is married to Crystal and they have a daughter named Ashley. Ashley is six. Matt is married to Hope and they have a daughter named Jasmine who just turned seven a few weeks ago. Hayes likes to take trips here every few months to visit us.

I lean against the tree for a moment as I look in the direction of the music building. Grace would be coming from there. She and I are quite different. She's into music and the performing arts. I'm into math and love doing ice hockey. It's the two things I like to focus on. For Grace, she likes to audition for ensembles in school and also outside of school with her viola.

My mom? She's an author. A very famous and well known person to ever exist in the world. She has been on a few tours herself over the years. Currently she is currently working on a new series. I think she is on the second book. It's fantasy related. One of her book series has its own films. The family has been to every movie premiere. There would be times where she would go on a tour around the world with the cast.

As for my dad, he has his show here that started about eight years ago. Dad, Matt and Nash are the main characters of the show and a few others. Dads friend, named Claire, is on the show and she's really nice. She's comes over to our house sometimes and hangs out with mom, dad, Matt and Nash. She comes to some of my ice hockey games and Grace's performances. Dad has done quite a bit of touring also and going to conventions.

"Ryan." I look up to see Cooper.

"Hey, Coop." Cooper looks around before he turns back to me.

"One more day until break." We both smile and I nod. "Excited for this weekend. My father told me I could stay with you guys. He has already talked with your mother and father."

"Great. I'm sure this weekend will be one of the best." We decide to take the bench next to the tree as we wait for my sister. I'm not sure if she takes a lot of time when she puts her viola away or she's talking to her teacher. It's a mixture of both usually.

Grace Dallas' pov:

"Grace, you're piece is amazing and it's going to be perfection when it comes for your audition in a few months," One of my good friends, Neive says to me as I turn my phone off and put it into my back pocket. I stand from my seat and take my music off the stand.

"I'm really excited to prepare and start learning," I say excitedly. "I ordered the piece and should be coming in sometime next week." I pick my shoulder bag up and pick my viola case up before we leave the stage.

"Who will be your piano accompanist?" We walk into the hall towards the bridge that will lead to the stairs.

"I think my private teacher. She'll be happy to know I'm doing this piece." We walk down the few steps and towards the back of the building where we usually leave. Music students and professors leaving and going. Many wave to me as we pass.

Once we reach the outside, Nieve told me she would see me tomorrow at the game and we parted our ways. I walk towards the direction of the tree I found when we transferred here at the beginning of the year. Ryan and Cooper would be waiting there for me so we could all walk home together.

Cooper is on the ice hockey team with my brother.

Once I am in complete view of the tree, I spot Cooper and my brother. I smile as I make my way over to them. Cooper is the first to notice me and he nudges my brother. They both look in my direction and it takes a moment for my brother to spot me. He smiles and stands from the bench.

I walk the rest of the way over to them. Friends and students saying hi to me as I pass by. Mostly everyone here is nice. Many also know who our parents are.

"How was orchestra?" Cooper asks me. My brother rolls his eyes. We start to head off campus with me in between them.

"You ask her that everyday," my brother says rolling his eyes again then smiles.

"Well, rehearsal went really well. Thank you for asking Coop. Guess what," I smile.

"You were announced first chair in your section?" Cooper asks.

"Auditions haven't happened yet Coop."

"Yeah Coop," Ryan mocks me and I punch his arm slightly.

"Then?" Cooper smiles at the scene of the twins.

"I ordered my new music for my auditions to Australian Youth Orchestra!"

"Awesome Grace. August... is when you have your audition?"

"Yes. I'm so nervous. The end of August. That's about two months from now."

"I'm sure you'll do great," Ryan says and gently takes my viola case to carry. He likes to carry my viola home sometimes.

"I hope I get in."

"You'll make it. You're one of the best violaist in our school. Maybe even our region."

"Thanks Ry," I smile and we continue our conversation about our day.

•Thoughts or questions about first chapter or the rest of the story?

For right now, updates will be every other Monday's until 'Limerence' has been almost complete or my school life schedule dies down. 'Tis the season for college applications and figuring everything out (':

Until next time 💙