Pain & Confusion (part 2)

Lassitude ~36

Grace Dallas' pov

"Here we are," G says to me as he parks in the parking lot for the Sydney tower. I nod and get out and noticed Ollie has fallen asleep. I decide to keep him here while G and I go up.

I smile at my new viola and the take the case out of the rental before I close the door. I look up at the tower and notice the beautiful sunset view. I shiver slightly and G notices as he takes his tux jacket off and puts it on me. I smile at him and thank him.

We walk towards the entrance and G opens the door for me as I walk inside into the air conditioned lobby. Employee look up from the desk and they smile and wave as G and I walk by making our way to the elevator. I wave back confusingly as to why we don't have to pay?

"Your uncle Shawn and I have everything already set up," G says to me as we walk into the elevator.

"You've done so much today for me. My dad...." I smile at the thought that everything is going to be okay now. "Today has been amazing. Thank you."

"I'm glad you have. I had a really great time with you today, your uncle Shawn probably had an amazing time and I'm sure Sophia had a lot of fun with you today."

"I'm so happy to have someone my age to hangout with. It's really nice. I have to thank Sam and Mia."

"You'll have the time to thank them later. Also you still have to open the rest of your presents from everyone else." I smile as the elevator comes to a stop and the door slides open. I take a step into the spacious room and notice a piano on the other side by the window. I am confused because have never seen it there before.

"I didn't know they have a piano here," I say quietly as I walk towards it.

"They don't." I turn to the voice and stop walking as I see my brother walking towards me. I smile and run over to him as I notice uncle Shawn is here too. I wrap my arms around my brother and he does the same. We stay like this for a moment and I take a look at him to see him in a tux. Uncle Shawn is also in a tux.

"I'm so happy to see you Ryan," I smile.

"I'm happy to see you too. How has your day been? I heard you have a puppy?" I nod smiling widely.

"His name is Ollie. I can't wait for you to meet him."

"Me too," he smiles and we both look to our uncle Shawn. I am curious to why I had to bring my viola.

"Love your viola Grace?" Uncle Shawn asks lightly and I walk over to him to give him the biggest hug.

"Yes! Thank you uncle Shawn. I love you so much and I'm so happy. It's so precious!" Uncle Shawn chuckles and has a sad smile as if he remembered something.

"I''m glad you do. Ready to play?"

"Play?"

"Yes." He takes out a piece from behind him and I smile remembering I played this last year. Uncle Shawn couldn't make the recital, because he was visiting family. "I rosined your bow for you so you can play and it should be tuned."

"Is... someone playing the piano?" I ask curiously.

"I will be." I nod and he leads me over to the piano where I notice there is a music stand for me to put my music on. Uncle Shawn places my music on my stand and then walks to the other side of the piano and takes a seat. He puts his copy of the music in front of him.

I kneel down so I can open the viola case and get both the viola and bow out. I stand back up to see both G and my brother sitting in folder chairs with big smiles on their faces.