New

Lassitude ~30

Jack Johnson's pov

I make my way outside as everyone is gathered around Ryan as they sing to him. I watch as my godson looks around and smiles politely at his family and friends. I wish Grace could have been beside him, but I know that we will all be making our way to see Grace later this evening. In a couple of hours actually.

"Happy birthday to you," I finish with everyone else and he blows out his candles as everyone cheers. I see Cameron beside him along with Peter as Ryan takes the first cut into the cake.

I'm surprised Claire agreed to let Peter come over since Caitlyn is here and Shawn has been in and out. Also because I think Ri would have noticed if she were down here. Peter seems really happy to be here though. I'm glad he's able to meet his cousins even if he doesn't know.

Everyone begins to takes seats after they receive their cake and Cameron looks towards me and I make my way over. I stand next to him as Ryan begins to leave with Peter and the cakes.

"Peter and Ryan are really getting along," I say.

"Yes, they are. I'm glad they are."

"So I came to tell you that Ri, needs you at the moment."

"Oh does she?" He asks in disbelief.

"It's important. Please go see her."

"I'd rather not at the moment. She made it pretty clear she doesn't want me to be around her."

"Cameron, she's cramping. She needs you."

"And I need her to chill, but that isn't happening."

"Bro," I frown slightly. "Your wife is in pain and wants you there. What don't you get about that?"

"She can figure it out," he shrugs.

"You're a dick." I make my way inside in hopes that I don't crush Riley's spirit. I make my way up the stairs and down the hallway until I reach her bedroom. I knock before I come in. I find her in the same spot I left her in except with a pained striking expression. I close the door and my way over to her.

"I knew he wouldn't want to come," her voice faltered. I feel bad for her. She only wants her husband here, but Cameron isn't being himself at the moment.

"I'm sorry Ri," I spoke softly as she stands slightly and makes her way over to her dresser. She doesn't say anything as she takes out clothing for after her bath and I walk towards the bathroom to at least get the bath running for her.

I walk into her bathroom and turn on the bath making sure the water is warm. I also fill it with soap to form bubbles. I let the tub fill with water for a few minutes before Riley walks in and I turn the water off. I stand and gave her a hug, because she needs one.

"Thank you Jack," she says lightly.

"If you need anything, I'll wait in your room."

"You don't have to."

"It's fine. I want to make sure you're alright. I'll see you in a bit." She nods as I walk out of the bathroom and close the bathroom door. To take a seat at the desk chair.

My phone rings and I answer right away looking at the screen for a split second.

"Hey G, what's up?" I can hear giggling and a puppy I think.

"Hey, so the girls and I are going out to eat now. I think Shawn and Hayes are meeting with us after we eat."

"Nice, how is Grace doing?"