Change

Lassitude ~3

Cameron Dallas' pov:

"And... cut!" We hear our director yell and a round of applause sounded all over set. I smile as I look around the staff and crew. I high five Matt because we definitely have just nailed that scene.

"Break?" Matt asks.

"Sounds good," I smile and walk off set. I look towards Nash and Claire. They are talking and they look towards me as Matt and I approach them.

"Well done Cam," Claire smiles.

"Three scenes done four more to go for today," Nash says.

"I heard that we're trying to finish the episode today," I sigh. Claire stands and jumps onto my back. I chuckle and catch her making sure she doesn't fall. Nash chuckles.

"Chillax," Claire smiles and kisses my cheek like she usually does. Matt stiffens slightly and Nash gives me a nervous smile. "We'll shoot a few more scenes before we can be finished for the day."

"Don't you have something important going on tomorrow?" Nash asks curiously.

"No," I frown slightly. "I don't think I do. Why?"

"Just wondering. I thought you did for some reason." I shrug as we all make our way to the break room to grab a small bite to eat. "Are you excited to see your cousin and G tomorrow?" I ask Claire.

"Pretty excited. I'm sure Ryan is excited to see my cousin again." I let Claire down so we can all grab some food.

"Between him and Shawn. I think they're his favorite." Claire gives me a faint smile and Nash shoots me a glare. My eyes widen. "I'm so sorry Claire. I keep forgetting you and Shawn used to date for a few years."

"For almost five years Cam. Please don't remind me," She says lightly. "Prefer not to think about it." She takes a few fruits before leaving.

"Good one Cam," Matt says.

"I didn't mean to. I forgot they dated. It was so long ago."

"She went to college five years and became a professional musician and actress after she decided she didn't want to go into pharmacy school. Yes, I'm well aware those two broke it off."

"Who broke it off?" Nash asks again.

"I think Shawn did. Before Shawn even knew Riley was related to him."

"Still feel slightly bad for Claire."

"I think Shawn is very happy with his family right now. Not sure how well this is going to play out when they meet," I say.

"Maybe we should keep them separated as much as possible."

"Claire is always hanging with Ryan when she's at the house. Don't think that's possible." Nash shrugs.

"Speaking of Ryan," I smile as I look at my phone and answer it. "Hey bud. What's up?"

"Hey dad. I was wondering if you knew if you're coming home for dinner tonight?"

"I'm not really sure yet, but I hope I can. I know I'll definitely be there to help out with dinner tomorrow."

"Really?" He asks excitedly.

"Of course. I made sure to take the night off. We're having a big feast with everyone there. I can't let your mom and Natalia cook the whole meal."

"I can't wait to see you dad."

"I'll see you when I get home."

"Alright."

"Also, tell your sister I said hi."

"I will dad. See you tonight."

"Bye Ryan." He hangs up and I put my phone in my pocket. I didn't realize I had already taken food and sat down with everyone. They stare at me and I look at them in confusion. "What?"

"When is the last time you've spent actual time with Ryan?" Matt asks.

"A few weeks ago when we went to see one of Grace's perform. Why?" Matt and Nash looks at each other. Claire must have went to the bathroom.

"That doesn't count," Nash says. "We meant with just you and Ryan. Just the two of you?"

"I'm not sure. Why does that matter? We've been really busy on set most of the time and I try to be at home with my family as much as I can. Why are you making that face?"

"We just think, maybe we should take a little time off. We've been working really hard and are ahead of the schedule. We should all spend time with our families."

"We're doing that this weekend."

"We should also do a vacation," Matt points out. "When was the last time we've all done that?"

"Its been a few years. You know it's hard with kids in school year round."

"Exactly. Their term is about to end tomorrow and so they get two weeks off. Lets do something."

"Maybe." I take a bite into my sandwich and lean back against the chair.

Riley Dallas' pov:

"Dad said he'll definitely be here for tomorrow night," Ryan says as he hangs up the phone. I look up from the paperwork on my desk to look at him. Ryan seems very happy to know.

"That's great Ryan," I smile. "What did you say your sister was doing again?"

"She said she was going to grab a quick snack to eat. I think Cooper and Grace are down there now. They wanted to study."

"Alright." I check the time on the clock and feel the nausea feeling run over me. I close my eyes slightly trying to relax and remain calm.

"Are you alright mom?" I open my eyes to look at my thirteen, now almost fourteen year old son looking towards me worriedly.

"Yes," I answer softly. "Just a little sick."

"Do you want me to help you to your room again? I can get the medication."

"Sure, Ryan." I say standing up and hanging to the desk to make sure I have balance. He makes his way over to me worriedly and I wrap an arm around his neck and he helps me out of my office.

Ryan has been helping me the past few weeks. Around the same time each morning and afternoon I get sick. That is what morning sickness does to you when you're having a child. Ryan and Graces doesn't know because Cameron and I have planned to tell them on their birthday with the gender.

"Are you sure you'll be alright mom? You've been like this for a few weeks. Does dad know you haven't been feeling too well lately?"

"Yes. He has been taking care of me at night," I answer tiredly. That is partially true. Sometimes I feel like he has forgotten. At least he will be there at the sonogram appointment tomorrow afternoon. He helps me into my bed and I thank him before he leaves to get medication. I sat up against the headboard and sigh to myself.

Why do I get sick twice a day? This never happened the first time. The first time brings me back to a lot of memories. I shake the thought and notice Ryan returning with medication a few minutes later.

"Did you want me to call dad back? Maybe he could come home."

"It's alright Ryan," I smile faintly. "I'll talk to your dad when he gets home." He nods and places everything on the table. "I'll be down in a little while to help Natalia with dinner."

"Okay. I'm going to do some of my assignments." I smile towards him before he decides to leave the room.

~

Your thoughts?

Happy Holidays everyone! I'm excited for the holidays and can't wait to spend more time writing (: