My House

Lassitude ~15

Riley Dallas' pov

An hour with Sam in the basement and I feel uncomfortable. He didn't say anything to me as G and Mia left with Cameron to the grocery store and to pick up the kids. I sat on the couch with my laptop typing away as Sam looked through photo albums he was welcomed to look through. I sat at one end and he sat down on the other.

I'm really nervous to talk to him. There's a tension that if I broke it, he would not like it. We're adults. We should be able to settle this.

"Wh-which album are you looking at?" I ask politely.

"I see you're still scared of me," Sam says very unfazed.

"Can't help it." He closes the book and turns towards me with a slight frown on his face.

"I still don't like you and I only tolerate you, because you're one of my best friends wife. Just because it has been years and we have kids does not make us friends or anything. Is that clear?"

"I'll tell your wife."

"And who will she believe?" He laughs and I shudder from the chills. "She's my wife and she would believe me over you any day."

I look down feeling like my teen self again back when Sam didn't have to hide how he acted towards me. I have to tell Cameron.

"Why are you being like this to me?"

"You know exactly why. My mind hasn't changed about you. Just because Jack or even G are really close to you does not change my point of view of you."

"Get out of my house," I frown. I don't have to listen to this.

"And what should I tell my wife and kids?" Sam challenges. "For a fact Cam won't be happy you're kicking guests out." What do I do? "I think I'll stay here thank you very much." He smiles. I slowly get up and sigh frustrated and slightly scared.

"You can't continue to be like this Sam. Can't we settle this?"

"Nope, prefer not to." I take my laptop and slowly make my way towards the stairs not wanting to be near him any longer. I make my way up the stairs feeling nauseous again. I walk towards the couch, but I then lean onto the wall for support.

I take deep breaths and focus on my breathing trying to make the stress go away. Stressing is not good for me. I shouldn't be having morning sickness right now. It must be something else. Maybe Cameron hasn't left the store yet. He could get some ginger tea. That would help a lot.

I take my phone out and go under my favorites to call Cameron. It takes a few rings until he answers.

"Hi Cam," I say lightly and bring a hand to my head.

"Ri... What?" He sighs on the other end. What is his problem?

"I was going to ask if you were still at the store."

"No... what do you need now?"

"You told me to call if I needed anything," I spoke softly, trying to defend myself.

"Ri... our daughter has detention with the headmistress and she's talking back. I'm really out of patience right now."

"Sh-She What?" I asked surprised.

"She's in detention and I'm picking Ryan up from school. Is whatever you need really important?" The tone in his voice makes me feel bad and fragile.

"I-I guess not."

"Good," I hear a relief sigh. "I really didn't want to go back to the shop."

"I'll see you later," I say lightly. I hang up before he can say anything and I let out a shaky breath. I feel emotionally stressed and fragile. I should really take a seat.

"Ri?" I look up to see Matt in a pair of shorts and he looks at me concerned and worried. It looks like he has just woken up.

"Hey Matt," I say weakly. He comes over and puts an arm around my waist to keep me stable.

"You look a little pale. You should sit down." I nod as he helps me over to the couch. "Are you alright? Let me get you something to drink."

"I just had juice. I'm fine."

"Ri, you look shaken. What did Cameron say to you on the phone?"

"It's nothing. We're fine."

"Obviously not. You're shaking. Whatever is going on it should stop and Cam needs to stop whatever he's doing to make you feel this way. I can't watch you go through this anymore."

"Matt, I know you're looking out for me, but really. I'm fine. I'm just extra emotional. A little stressed."

"You shouldn't be stressing Riley. Everyone is going to be coming down soon."

"I think I need to lay down," I say lightly.

"Okay," Matt nods and helps me up. "I'll help you to your room then."

"Thank you."

"What are friends for?" He half smiles. "I'll tell everyone that you're taking a small nap and will be down in about an hour or two. Sounds good?"

"Yeah," I smile sheepishly and yawn as we enter my bedroom that I share with Cameron. "You're the best. Can you or Cam wake me if I'm not up by then?"

"Sure, no problem." I nod as I get into the bed and pull the soft comforter over me. "Get some rest Ri."

"Thanks Matt," I yawns and start to feel myself relaxing and my mind starting to wander as my eyes began to close.

~Hour and a half later~

"Ri..." someone whispers and shakes me slightly. I turn over slightly and slowly open my eyes to see my brother.

"Hey Shawn," I smile and sit up slowly to make sure I feel alright.

"Matt told me to check up on you. Are you alright?" I look at my brother and take the moment to really look at him. It feels like a long time since I've really seen him. I want to tell him. After all he is my brother and he has always been there for me.

"I want to tell you something," I smile with excitement.

"Okay," he chuckles. "Is it alright if Jack comes in then?" I look up to see Johnson by the door and has a small smile. I know I've already told Shawn, but telling him in person with a picture is a lot better.

"Of course. Both of you sit down." I pat the open space on my bed. They both sat on both of my sides as I smile at the both of them. I'm feeling a lot better after my rest.

"What did you want to tell me?" My brother asks and I can't keep the smile off my face.

"She's cheesin," Johnson chukles. "This is definitely something spectacular."

"Oh boy," Shawn smiles. I reach for the drawer to get my copy of the sonogram picture. I slowly hand it to Shawn and he carefully takes it turning it over to see what it is. It takes a moment before he looks up with his eyes wide with excitement.

"You found out the gender of my niece or nephew?" Shawn whispers as his eyes start to tear up. You know he's truly happy when he tears up. I nod and he leans over to hug me. "I'm so excited for you! Congratulations Ri!" I laugh lightly because I haven't told him the gender yet.

"You're pregnant?" Jack asks softly and I turn to him to see a soft smile. Shawn hands over the picture and he takes a look as he smiles at the picture. "I'm so proud Ri. Congratulations! I'm spoiling this one."

"Both of you can," I look between the two. "I want both of you to really be here for them."

"Of course Ri," they both say in a heartbeat. They both look at the picture and tracing their finger over the picture.

"Girl or boy?" Jack asks with pure happiness in his tone.

~

What are we thinking?

Next update: Thursday