Weakness

Lassitude ~45

Riley Dallas' pov

"Mom?" Grace asks coming up to me with Sophia. Currently we are all sitting outside in the backyard relaxing. They both take a seat where Mia and I are.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I was wondering when we can see dad. He isn't answering his phone." I can tell she's a little disappointed. I nervously look at her unsure of what to tell her at the moment. 

"Not right now Grace. I'm sorry," I answer feeling sad I have to tell her this. "Maybe in a few days."

"Okay," she says softly. She makes her way over to Ryan and I sigh.

"I'm not ready to tell the kids yet. They love Cameron. This is going to hurt them," I say stressed.

"You want to be happy too Riley. Your kids will hopefully understand. You can always have the kids visit and see Cam." I nod and feel myself feeling down. "I apologize for Sam."

"You don't have to apologize for him. He has always given me a hard time."

"Him and I are going to have a talk tonight." I yawn slightly and my stomach grumbles slightly.

"I'm going to get some milk and cookies," I smile sheepishly.

"You and those cookies," Mia laughs. "I'll be right here." I stand carefully and make my way inside. The cookies are set on the counter and so I make my way over to the cabinet to get a small glass. I place the cup on the counter and open the fridge.

"Ri?" I turn around and see my brother walking more into the kitchen. He is dressed in all black. Claire is beside him with a small smile. I shut the fridge and make my way over to him. I run over and attack my brother with a hug. He hugs back.

"Hi," I say happy to him.

"Hello big sis. I'm happy to see you up and about. How are you and the baby?"

"I think we're doing alright," I smile slightly. "On my thirteenth week now." Shawn and Claire smiles.

"Can't wait to meet my new nephew."

"He can't wait to meet you too."

"Have you decided on a name at-" Shawn stops mid sentence realizing this wasn't the right time to ask me. I look down slightly. "Shoot, I'm sorry Ri."

"We never discussed names since the ultrasound on Friday," I answer honestly.

"I shouldn't have asked. Um... I wanted to speak to you about something in the bedroom. I hope that's alright?"

"Of course. Everything alright?" I ask worriedly.

"I wanted to have a sibling talk." I nod understanding as Claire slowly makes her way to the back door.

"I'll check up on everyone," Claire waves and walks out. Shawn takes my hand and I start to lead him to the bedroom I'm staying in. He closes the door and leads me over to the bed. We both take a seat.

"Ri... are you alright?" Shawn asks worriedly now. He takes my hand and looks at where my wedding ring once was.

"I don't know Shawn. I'm unhappy."

"Have you spoken to him at all today?"

"No," I say confusingly why he's now worried for Cam. "I wanted space from him."

"Was it really that bad that you want to get a divorce Ri?" Shawn asks. "Ri, this is really big. At least talk to Cameron before you just take the ring off. You have him heartbroken over you."