Unexpected (part 1)

Lassitude ~31

Grace Dallas' pov

"G!" I giggle and I try to hide my face behind my hands as we finish up dinner. We are eating at one of my favorite restaurants having a great time. We promised Ollie we would come and get him out of his cage after we were done eating.

"And this is Grace when she was about six..." G says as he is showing an embarrassing photo of me to Sophia. I try to reach for his phone, but he swatts my hand playfully.

"Grace, you're so cute," Sophia smiles and I send G a playful glare.

"She was one of the cutest little thing," G comments and smiles. "Are you two up for dessert?" Sophia and I look towards each other before nodding at the same time. Then the both of us laugh at the same time. "You two are funny," G chuckles.

"Having a great time G," I smile. "Today has been so fun."

"I'm glad to hear. Well, the day is not over yet."

"You and Uncle Shawn has done so much for me."

"You are my godchild after all," G smiles. "I wouldn't have done anything less. I haven't seen you in so long. We all know your uncle Shawn and I were bound to spoil you."

"Can we take Ollie for a walk after this?"

"Of course we can, we can probably walk to our next destination."

"Sounds good to me." A waitress walks up to our table and we tell her our order before she walks away.

"We still need to have your ice cream cake when we get back sometime," Sophia points out with a half smile.

"Ooo! I almost forgot!" I say excitedly. "I love ice cream cake. It's going to be amazing when we get back." G half smiles as his phone goes off and he excuses himself from the table. I turn my attention back to Sophia and we continue to talk.

"Ice cream cake is my favorite too! I hope cookies and cream alright."

"I love cookies and cream." I'm pretty sure I'm drooling just thinking about it. "I'm a huge fan."

"We should have G, Shawn and Hayes share the regular cake while we share the ice cream cake."

"I think I agree with you there. I think Ryan loves ice cream cake too."

"We'll save him a piece, I guess." I giggle at her expression being in the same page as her.

"Maybe we'll get him his own. He eats a whole thing on his own"

"Lets do that." Sophia smiles at me as she wipes her mouth with a napkin. "I wanted to tell you that you're a great friend Grace." I smile at her words.

"You're a great friend too. I'm glad I'm able to meet you. It's really hard to be really close with anyone when everyone knows who your parents are."

"I can relate," Sophia says shyly. "I haven't bonded with anyone as much as I have with you. I can be myself."

"Me too. I think we're going to have to talk to our parents about us hanging out more often."