Seeing Dad

Lassitude ~6

Ryan Dallas' pov:

"Hey Coop, Gra-" I stop mid sentence at the living room doorway and notice the two of them laughing and talking. I smile at the two as I watch my sister smile at something Cooper said.

"You should spend part of the weekend with us," my sister says to him.

"I think I mentioned I was earlier," Coop chuckles lightly and I watch as my sister blushes. I don't mind seeing the two going out together. I've known Cooper has liked my sister for a while and that somehow made me happy. I know what kind of guy he is so it should all work out.

"I think I would like to go on our date you offered earlier," She says slowly. Coop smiles and takes her hand.

"Is tomorrow afternoon after school ends alright?" She nods shyly and I watch the two smile at each other. I back away and decide to go to the kitchen where Natalia has started dinner. My mom, Matt and Jasmine had already went grocery shopping for dessert tonight and dinner for the big feast tomorrow. They left for the airport awhile ago.

"Hi Natalia," I smile and take a seat at the stool. She looks up and smiles.

"Hello Ryan, thought you, Grace and Cooper were in the living room?"

"I was," I half smile. "Giving Coop and Grace some time."

"Ah..." She says understanding. "Cooper finally asked Grace out?"

"Yes. I hope it's okay with mom and dad."

"I think your mom will be thrilled. Your dad... might want to ease him into the dating thing." I laugh lightly and nod. I hear the back door opening and I look up to see Nash coming in. He looks up towards me with a small smile. He moves to the side and I see my dad.

"Dad!" I say happily and stand from the stool and make my way over to him. I hug him and he wraps his arms around me and squeezes me. It has been awhile since I've really seen him.

"Hey bud. I'm so happy to see you," He says sincerely.

"I've missed you. How is the set going?"

"I've missed you too. It has been going very well. Are you ready for you hockey game Saturday?"

"Very, I'm excited that you're going to be there. I was wondering if you and I could hang out sometime next week during my break?"

"I'll try my best. I can't really promise you with work and everything."

"Oh," I say softly and push my smile to remain on my face. "Okay."

"Is your mom home yet?"

"No, they dropped off the groceries awhile ago." My dad nods and looks towards Natalia and offers to help. I notice Claire is here also. He doesn't say anything as he gets to work. I sigh to myself and turn towards the stairs and slowly make my way up to my room.

"Ry?" I stop at the first step and turn to see Ashley looking at me with here big blue eyes.

"Hey, Ashley."

"Can you play with me?"

"Sure," I answer softly and held my hand out for her. She smiles and takes my hand as we start to make our way up to her room.

Grace Dallas'pov:

"What are you two up to?" I pull away from Cooper as I see Claire walk into the living room. I frown slightly at the sight of her.

"Taking a break from studying," I say briefly and start to pack my things. I never liked her.

"It doesn't seem like it," She says with a small smile.

"Go away Claire."

"Just trying to make conversation Grace."

"I rather not," I frown slightly and take Cooper's hand.

"Should warn you, your dad is in the kitchen." I roll my eyes feeling slightly annoyed by her presence and let Cooper's hand go.

"Leave us alone Claire."

"Why are you always so unwelcoming?" I make my way past her and ignore her with Cooper following behind.

"I can't stand her," I mumble.

"She's not that bad," Coop says quietly as we make our way to the kitchen.

"I can't stand her. Why is she here?"

"Maybe Nash or your dad could have invited her?" I walk to find Natalia and my dad at work in the kitchen. My mood changes instantly and I am excited to see my dad here.

"Dad!" My dad turns and a big smile appears on his face. I jog over to him and he engulfs me into a hug.

"Hi princess," He says and kisses the top of my head. "How are you today?"

"I'm better now that you're here. I'm so glad you're home."

"I am too. Are you excited for the weekend?"

"Really excited," I beam. "I'm excited to see everyone." I'm super excited to see G again and Hayes.

"I'm glad. I'm taking you to most of your practices next week. Maybe we can go out for ice cream one day after?"

"Sounds great dad."

"Alright," My dad smiles and gives me another small hug before he gives Cooper a warm smile. "Ready for the game Coop?"

"Yes sir," Coop says friendly and nods. "Ready as I can ever be." My dad nods and helps stir something that is in the pot. Cooper and my dad begins a conversation as I sat down at the stool. Claire walks into the kitchen and I have to stop myself from groaning. Claire sits across from me and I look away from her.

"Would you like to go get our nails down sometime this weekend Grace?" Claire asks and I have the urge to not yell at her.

"No thank you," I grumble.

"Grace," my dad says and looks at me with a disapproving look.

"What? She is terrible an-"

"Hey!" My father says with his voice raised. My eyes widens slightly "Your room now," He points towards the stairs. I didn't get five words out and he wants me to go to my room? "That is not a way you talk to someone." I look down embarrassed and hurt my dad would raise his voice at a time like this. Natalia, Nash and Cooper are also in here, witnessing everything.

"I'm sorry dad," I say lightly.

"Don't apologize to me. You owe one to Claire."

"I'm not giving her one," I scruff. My eyes widen and I cover my mouth wishing I didn't just say what came first to thought.

"Grace Dallas!" My dad says very stern with me. "You're grounded for the next several days!"

"B-but...-"

"Room now!" I bite my lip and try my best to not tear up in front of everyone. He has never yelled at me like that before. I only nod and get up and make my way towards the stairs without my things. I walk up the stairs and towards my room quietly.