Never Forget

Lassitude ~5

Riley Dallas's pov

"Matthew Espinosa!" I shriek and Matt's seven year old daughter, Jasmine giggles. I send Matt a playful glare and he gives me a very cheesy smile.

"Sorry," Matt chuckles and gives me a hug as he puts the mask away. "I didn't mean to scare you like that."

"You owe Jasmine and I cookies," I say as Matt decides to take the cart again and Jasmine takes my hand.

"Cookies!" Jasmine beams.

"Alright," Matt smiles and looks towards the two of us. We head towards the direction where the cookies are. "You guys can pick out whatever cookies you'd like." Jasmines cheers with excitement and as we approach the aisle, she heads off in front of us. "Are you really craving cookies Ri?"

"Cookies and m&m's." Matt nods as we approach the Milo cookies I like to get most of the time.

"Mint or double chocolate or both?"

"Both please," I smile sheepishly.

"Uh huh," he takes both from the shelf and gets two of each. "I'm getting you a big bag of m&m's."

"There's no need."

"Ri... if I haven't noticed from personal experience with Hope, you're just around twelve weeks now." My mouthparts in confusion. It takes me a moment to process this.

"What?"

"You... Cam having a baby? Congratulations by the way," Matt smiles as we slowly make our way over to the m&m's

"Thank you... How did you figure it out?"

"Easy, I'm always at the house when you have your morning sicknesses, you have strange cravings I've noticed, your craving for cookies and chocolate has increased and you've stopped having your coffee before you go up to your office."

"Am I really that easy to figure out?" I ask worriedly. Does everyone else secretly know like Matt?

"No, I'm just around when all these things happens and everyone is already at work or school. I've noticed Cam hasn't exactly been too much of a help lately."

"He hasn't."

"Are you guys arguing?"

"No," I shrug looking towards the ground. "I don't really know really. He seems to put himself more at work or going out ever since he has found out."

"I hope that's not it."

"It honestly feels like it. I just really hope he will be there for the kids this weekend. It's a big weekend for Grace and Ryan. They haven't seen him as much lately with him coming home so late and already at the set so early."

"What about you? Cam should also be spending sometime with you." I shrug as Jasmine comes back to us with a package of Chips Ahoy.

"Can I have this one daddy?" Jasmine asks Matt. He turns to her and smiles.

"Sure, sweetheart. Remember we have to wait until we get home to eat a few cookies."

"Okay. You, me and mommy can have milk with them!"

"Of course," Matt smiles and Jasmine puts the cookies into the cart. I smile faintly at the daughter, father bond they have. "Are you excited to see Eva tonight?"

"Yes! I'm really excited to see her. I'm excited to see Caitlyn and Shawn too."

"They are excited to see you too. Ri? Is Shawn arriving tonight or tomorrow with Jack and Jack?"