Fix the Problem

Lassitude ~43

Riley Dallas' pov

I finish brushing my teeth and rinse my mouth once more before I reach for the washcloth. I dry my mouth and look at my outfit for the day. Everything looks in place and I decide to see what the kids are up to.

I walk out of the bathroom and slowly make my way out of the bedroom. Looking around, the only sort of light would the reflection of outside. The house is evenly cooled with air conditioned and I really like the portraits Claire has hung up in the halls. It seems very house welcoming.

I walk down the hall to find my way into the living room first. I find the spacious living room empty and turn away to try and find my way in the kitchen. I make my way to the end of the hall and turn left where I find the kitchen. The kitchen has the scent of crepes and I smile slightly remembering Claire told me there were some crepes saved for me.

I hear laughing coming from the backyard and I slowly make my way across the kitchen to take a peak. I notice Grace and Peter on the swings. The two of them look like they are having a good time. The doorbell rings as my phone vibrates.

Jack Johnson: Don't be alarmed, Sam rung the doorbell and I have the keys to the house. I'll see you in a moment (:

I make my way over to the stool where my breakfast is on the table. The glass is filled with orange juice, there are fruits in a bowl and two crepes on the plate along with a fork and knife. I take a seat and begin to eat as I hear the front door opening from the living room.

Taking the first my bite into the crepe, I couldn't help, but close my eyes and savor the delicious taste. Claire makes the best crepes. This one has banana and strawberry mixed in with chocolate. It's amazing it's still a warm temperature.

"There she is," I hear someone say a moment later. I turn slightly to see Jack and Mia walking into the kitchen.

"Hi," I say lightly with my mouth still full. Mia laughs lightly and Jack smiles walking over.

"Enjoying breakfast I see?" I nod slightly.

"How are you feeling?" Mia asks.

"Pregnant," I nod. "Sort of scared." Both Jack and Mia nods. Jack brings a hand to my shoulder.

"We're here for you Ri," Jack says. "We'll all make sure you're going to be alright. I'm so glad you and my cousin are still friends."

"Claire has always taken care of me when I needed it. She has her reasons for not letting Shawn know."

"Where are the kids?"

"Grace and Peter are in the backyard. Ryan is with Claire at the groceries."

"Cool, I'm going to see how the kiddies are doing." Jack makes his way out and Mia takes the stool next to me. I hear more footsteps and I turn slightly to see G, Sam, Ava and Sophia.

"Ri," G smiles and makes his way over and gives me a hug. "How is your tailbone doing?"

"It hurts from time to time."

"Taking it easy?"

"Trying my best."

"Peter and Grace are out back," Mia says to the girls and they nod making their way out. Sam moves next to his wife and I look away so I don't make eye contact with him. In a way, he still intimidates me. "Sam?" Mia asks elbowing him.

"What?" Sam mumbles.

"Be nice."

"I haven't even done anything." G glances at Sam and I shrug and continue to eat.