Little Reunions

Lassitude ~20

Riley Dallas' pov

"She's going to be at the game," Jack tells me as he parks the car in the garage and turns the vehicle off. I take deep breaths remembering last night when my brother and G were leaving with Grace.

"I'm a terrible mother, I can't have another baby right now," I breath feeling lost and stressed.

"Hey, parents can make mistakes. To be honest, after everything G was explaining to me this morning, I think it was for the best."

"Cam..." I close my eyes.

"Cam shouldn't have made any of those calls. Whatever's going through his mind, he needs to calm down. You're scaring Grace away. You're hurting her and she's self doubting herself."

"I-I didn't want that for her."

"Then you need to apologize to her and let her talk then," Jack says to me. We get out of the car and he hands the keys over to me after locking the doors.

"I'm worried. I should have said something yesterday and I thought Cam had this under control."

"You have to give the space she needs right now. G told me she's not sleeping well and she's upset with herself. You have to make Cam see this because..." Jack sighs and shakes his head. "She made a mistake. Whatever she did, she's trying to understand what she can do to make the situation better."

"It started with Claire," I sigh.

"My cousin?" Jack stops walking and I turn towards him. "What does this have to do with her?"

"Claire and Grace... don't get along..."

"I didn't know she was here."

"You didn't know she was one of the lead roles in the show Cam is in?" Jack looks at me confusingly. He shakes his head. "Right... I keep forgetting that she's here. It has been years since I've seen her. I don't understand, so Grace doesn't like her?"

"I don't know why, but Grace doesn't like her and we've tried to get her to like her."

"You've never asked?"

"She has always avoided it. I'm worried more now that she will be here today. Ryan wants Claire here and I'm afraid of how Grace will react."

"I'll talk to Grace about, alright?" I nod as we enter the building and head for the rink.

"Can you make sure she's alright, whatever happens this weekend and next week?"

"Of course I will. I'm sure G and Shawn are going to take very good care of her. She's safe."

"Tell her I'm sorry."

"If I see her, I'll make sure she knows." I nod as we enter the arena and I shiver to the sudden change in temperature. My phone vibrates and I take my phone out to see Claire calling.

Claire Johnson's pov

"Hi Ri," I say gently as the phone connects. I'm waiting for the light to turn green.

"Hey Claire," I hear Riley on the other end and I smile. "Are you almost here?"

"Yeah, I'm just a few blocks away from the parking garage. Is Ryan with you or did he already head for the locker room?"

"He already went down to the locker room with Cooper."

"Okay. I have the bouquets and their favorite chocolates with me."

"Claire! That's so sweet of you to do that. You didn't have to." The light turns green and I switch lanes getting ready to turn into the parking garage.