Surprise (part 2)

Lassitude ~29

Grace Dallas' pov

"We're going to take a small trip somewhere,"G says from the driver seat. Sophia and I still sat next to each other. As for Uncle Shawn, he went back to the house with aunt Caitlyn and Eva for a little while. He told me he would see me in a little while.

"Okay," I smile happily after meeting two of my all time favorite violaist'. I can't believe I met them and hung out with them for about two hours. I was even able to play with them for a little bit. I don't know how uncle Shawn was able to do that for me, but he did and I'm so happy he did. "Is there a possibility we can have a little snack on the way to our next destination? I'm a little hungry."

"Of course we can. There should be shops around where we're going." I smile and look towards her, who is looking down at her phone questionably.

"Everything alright Sophia?" I ask her. She looks towards me.

"Don't you like Cooper?" She asks confusingly.

"Of course I do," I half smile. The two of us haven't spoken in a few days and it stings quite a bit that he has been avoiding me.

"Oh..." Sophia hands her phone over slowly feeling guilty. I take her phone wondering what this is about. I look on the screen and it takes a moment for me to realize what it is.

"Oh..." I say softly at the picture from yesterday. It's a picture of Cooper with his ex-girlfriend, Tash. I didn't know he invited her. I hand Sophia her phone back.

"I should have waited later to show you. I'm sorry Grace."

"You're fine. I was bound to see it once I was on twitter or Instagram anyway." I shrug. I guess Cooper changed his mind about me.

"What did Cooper do?" G asks with a hint of protectiveness and slightly anger in his voice. I look at Sophia for help.

"Just hanging with another girl," Sophia says lightly.

"It's nothing G," I say. "We're just friends mostly anyway."

"Do you want me to knock sense into him?" He asks.

"No." He nods as we now approach into one of my favorite areas in Sydney. G finds parking and he turns the car off. He gets out and the two of us do the same. I look up at G and he gives me a warming smile forgetting about Cooper. He held his hand out and I take it as I notice he has a tee-shirt of his in his hand.

"I sort of forgot to plan your clothes out," G half chuckles as we walk around the corner. "I hope it's alright, I'm going to have you wear a t-shirt of mine while we're in there." I was about to ask where we're going when we stop in front of a pet store.

"Do I get to pet animals!?" I ask excitedly, forgetting about me being slightly hungry.

"Um... duh, that's what we're here for. I heard you've wanted to do this for awhile." Both Sophia and I giggle like little girls and G smiles as he held the door open for us. I thank him as we both walk in. I look around to hear so many sounds. I feel excited as G leads me towards the back.

"Mr.Gilinsky?" The worker asks as she looks away from putting a rabbit back into a cage.

"Yes," G nods and looks towards me with a smile. The lady nods as we follow her towards double door and into a hall which led to room where you see family and kids petting different types of animals. The worker opens a door to an empty space and I look towards G who nods for me to go in. "Oh, put this on." He hands me his t shirt and I put it on over my dress.

"What would you like to see?" The woman asks me.

"Can I see puppies?" I ask hopefully. She nods as I make my way inside and take my shoes off as I sat down on the bench. Sophia and G comes in with me and sat the opposite bench from me. Then I decide to sit on the ground. "I'm so excited," I say cheerfully.