Help

Lassitude ~19

Grace Dallas' pov

They're going to leave me home on my birthday? I stand outside the door of their bedroom. I was going to get ready to go into the room to apologize and talk to them. I wanted to tell them what was going through my mind and tell them the truth so they'd understand.

My heart aches from their conversation and I slowly turn away from their bedroom door. I walk down the hall and make my way downstairs. I walk towards the kitchen and out towards the back to see everyone.

The moms are sitting in a group while the kids are playing on the trampoline. The dads are sitting together also having a conversation. As for Ryan, Sophia, Cooper and Ava? They're not here.

"Grace!" I turn my head to see Hayes with the biggest smile on his face. Uncle Shawn, G, Uncle Jack, Matt, Nash, Kian, Jc and Sam are looking towards me with friendly and happy smile.

Hayes stands and I walk over to him to give him a really big hug. I do the same with uncle Jack before they offer for me to sit down. I shake my head trying to give them a small smile. I try not to break into tears. I'm so sensitive when my feelings are hurt.

"How is school going for you?" Uncle Jack asks. I fold my arms and hug myself slightly.

"It's okay," I answer softly and I look towards G and he gets the hint that I want to talk to him. His hand tenses slightly, but relaxes before smiling and nodding. "It's nice to see you before I went to bed. Long rehearsal and lesson." Hayes nods and the guys comment on my music skills.

"Goodnight then," Hayes says and I wave to him and G stands slowly. Uncle Shawn looks at me with concern. I slowly make my way inside and wait for G to follow. I lean against the counter and bring my hands to my face feeling flustered and in pain.

"Gracie..." I'm turned around and brought to someone's chest and I begin to shake slightly. "It's okay Grace," I hear G say softly and hugs me tightly. G continues to hug me in silence as he tries his best to calm me down. I feel useless.

"Where is Cameron and Riley?" I hear Uncle Shawn ask a moment later and I pull my head away to see an upset and furious uncle Shawn.

"Don't say anything to them," I let out weakly.

"Grace, this is too much. You shouldn't be overly overwhelmed by this."

"But it's my fault. I'll face the conveniences," my voice cracks.

"Your parents are hurting you. I have to do something about this."

"Please..." I beg. "Don't say anything to them. I-I don't want to make this situation worse. I get that my parents expect me to be perfect."

"That's not it," G says softly. "This is exactly why they need to know that they're making you self conscious about yourself. You made a mistake Grace."

"I am a mistake!" I sigh frustrated. I bring my hands to my hair and feel my face growing hotter. I look between G and uncle Shawn. They're looking at each other as I am feeling miserable and down.

"Grace, you're not staying here tonight," Uncle Shawn says softly after a moment.

"Wh-What?" I ask confusingly. G turns me to face him with a serious expression.

"It's my job to take care of you in my presence. Your dad is pushing this way too far. You're going to stay with me in a suite. You're not staying here after everything you've told us tonight."

"We're worried about your health mentally," uncle Shawn says softly coming over to us.

"My parents are going to kill me," I say worriedly.

"We'll take care of it. I will talk to your aunt Caitlyn and I'm going to stay with you guys tonight. You've been neglected enough. I don't want that for you."

"Don't worry about them." G says softly. "I'm going to help you pack. We're going to do it quietly, alright?" I nod as they both take my hands and they both smile down at me. They're here for me. The three of us make our way up the stairs and towards my room.

~Morning~

Ryan Dallas' pov

"Mom?" I ask as I turn away from Cooper. The two of us having breakfast as my mom and uncle Jack are finishing up with breakfast with Natalia.

"Yes Ryan?" My mom asks softly.

"After the game, I was wondering if we could all go out to that cafe by the beach."

"Sure. We can do that," My mom half smiles. I notice something is wrong and I also see it in uncle Jack's expression. Everyone will be waking up soon and will meet us at the stadium. The drive is a two hour ride. Coop and I have to be there early to make sure the team arrives on time to do check in and warm ups.

"Okay," I smile and think about the game. Tomorrow is Grace and I's birthday. I'm really excited to celebrate with everyone. I finish the last of my pancakes and drink my milk before getting up to put everything in the sink. Cooper does the same thing a few minutes later.

"Are you two ready to go?" My uncle Jack asks. We both nod as the four of us walk out of the kitchen and through the halls towards the front of the house. The both of us take our bags and walk out the front door and follow the pathway to the car. My mom helps us with the back to our our things in and I see Hayes coming over.

"I was told to ride with you guys," Hayes says. My mom nods as we all get into the car. Uncle Jack is driving as my mom sits in the passenger seat. I sat in the middle between Hayes and Cooper.

~Two and a half hours later~

"We'll see you guys in there," My mom says to us as we are driving up to the front entrance for a quick moment.

"Good luck boys," my uncle Jack says.

"Thank you Jack," Coop says and he opens the door and I follow him out and thank the both of them. Hayes gets out also and helps us to get our gear and we close the trunk so they can make their way to the parking lot. We walk the campus and make our way to the main entrance.

"So..." Cooper starts and looks towards me as we walk the windy morning to the ice rink.

"So?"

"You and Sophia, huh?"

"She's really nice and we have quite a lot of the same interest," I say.

"Hmm. I'm taking a guess, quite obvious actually, but I think you have a crush." Hayes chuckles as he listens on our conversation.

"Yeah, not going to deny it. She's quite fascinating."

"Good luck with that bud," Hayes pats my shoulder.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You might want to remember that she's Sam's daughter. He gets very protective. That's why Ava hasn't quite shown any interest."

"And she's dating Brian Lawley."

"How... did you know?"

"Brian and I are friends," I half smile.

"Brian and Ava keep their relationship quiet quite well. They've been dating what? About two years now?"

"Think so."

"I think Sophia and Ryan seem really nice together," Cooper says. "I can see it."

"Sam, likes me," I look towards Hayes. "I think it might be okay if I took her out on a date. Do you think he'll let me? I really like her."

"Don't know kid," Hayes shrugs and holds the door open for us. "Possibly. Depends on Sam. Mia is more lenient about it. Or you could just ask Sophia and they never have to know."

"I thought you're suppose to be leading by example?"

"Me? I'm the cool godfather of Sophia Wilkinson and I most definitely approve. I'm not stopping you."

~

Next update: Monday