Suddenly

Lassitude ~23

Shawn Mendes' pov

"Daddy?" Eva says looking up at me and I look away from Crystal and Caitlyn having a conversation. Eva's eyes are looking at me with an expression that I know that she's getting sleepy.

"Yes princess?" I say to her.

"Can you help me get some mac and cheese?"

"Of course sweetie." I get up and she looks up at me and takes my hand. I smile at her and we walk to the kitchen to find, Natalia, the house chef. She looks up from a newspaper.

"Anything I can help you with Mr.Mendes?"

"Can I get some of the left over mac and cheese for Eva?"

"Of course Mr.Mendes," she smiles and immediately sets herself to work. I put Eva on the stool and I take the stool to her right. She takes my left hand and plays with it. I hear someone coming from the hall and I turn to see Sam.

"Hey Sam." He smiles faintly and takes a seat.

"Hey Shawn. Hello little Eva," Sam says poking her nose gently and she giggles.

"Hi Sam," Eva smiles and lets go of my hand to poke Sam's nose. He scrunches his nose and she giggles more. "Do you need to talk to my daddy?"

"Yes. Is it alright if I talk to him for a moment?"

"Okay," she shrugs. I stand and kiss the top of her head before Sam stands. I follow him outside where it's quiet with the exception of crickets.

"What's up Sam?" I ask him. He lets out a sigh and I immediately know what this will be about.

"How is Grace doing?"

"She's... not doing too well," I start worriedly. "Sort of at a breaking point because of Cam."

"I'm sorry to hear. Is there anything we can do to help ease her or maybe my wife and I can go and see her for a little bit tomorrow "

"I think she'd like to have company," I half smile. "It will show that you guys have thought of her and it would mean a lot to her on her birthday."

"It's a really bothersome to my wife that Ryan and Grace won't be together. They're twins after all."

"Johnson, Hayes, G, Ri and I are working on it. We'll probably have the two be together even if we have to kidnap Ryan to take him to go see Grace."

"What's going on with Cam anyway? He has never been so stubborn before."

"I'm not sure," I frown slightly. "Whatever the problem is, he better fix it really soon. I'm not leaving until this settles."

"You make a great uncle and father Shawn," Sam half smiles. "Mia and I are going to visit really early tomorrow before everyone gets up."

"Thanks Sam. Yeah, I'll text you the address. It's not fairly a far drive. I can probably take you guys in the morning. Just let me know." Sam nods and we hear the sliding doors open. I turn around to see my sister. "Are you alright, Ri?"

"Trying my best," She says tiredly. "I... was wondering if you knew where Cam has been?"

"He was in the kitchen with Matt and Nash about an hour and a half ago. Have you tried the basement?"

"Yes, I tried everywhere around the house and I noticed Jack isn't here either."

"Maybe they went out to get something," I say calmly. Sam's phone goes off and we turn to him, who awkwardly takes his phone out.

"I'm... going to take the call. I'll be back," Sam says quickly and answers the call as he walks away. I turn to Riley, who looks like she is about freak out.

"Ri, lets get you to bed," I say calmly. "I'm sure Cam and Jack will be back from the store knowing them," I half chuckle. "I'll make sure to have Cam come up to the room and check up on you. Everything is going to be alright. Just remember to breathe and try to relax." She nods as she thanks me.

I walk her inside and she kisses my forehead before saying goodnight. She then makes her way upstairs and I turn to see Eva in the same spot I left her with Natalia doing dishes. It looks like Eva is almost done with her mac and cheese.

"Hi daddy!" She waves to me. I smile at my daughter's cuteness.

"How was your mac and cheese?" I make my way over to her. She has Caitlyn's blue eyes, but my hair color and texture. She also has my nose. I'm so lucky to have her.

"It was really good." I take a seat next to her and smile. "Are you tired daddy?"

"A little bit. I'll be alright," I yawn a little and Eva reaches for my free hand.

"You're sleepy. Lets go to sleep daddy."

"Are you sleepy Eva?" She nods her head. I stand as she reaches for me. I pick her up from her seat and into my arms as she leans her head against my shoulder. "Don't forget to thank Natalia." Eva picks up her head to look at Natalia.

"Thank you Natalia for making me mac and cheese!" Eva says very happy with her meal.

"No problem Eva," she smiles and they wave at each other. "Goodnight, I'll see you in the morning." Eva smiles and nods as she returns to leaning on my shoulder. I thank Natalia before I start to make my way up towards the halls for the basement stairs. Caitlyn, Eva and I share a guest room downstairs.

Cameron Dallas' pov

Jack and I exit the elevator and make our way down the hall reading signs. Alright, directions... Jack follows me as I speed down towards the double doors to see the waiting room Claire should be in.

My mind is racing wondering what happened. It was so sudden when Claire called that I didn't have much time to think about it. I reacted. Jack and I left without Sam, because we didn't know where he was and we had to leave. We gave him a call on the way here.

I enter the waiting room and look around for Claire. I see her by the window with her hands in her hair. Jack and I rush over to her and when she see us, she stands. Jack is the first to hug her.

"Have you heard anything?" Jack asks her." She shakes her head. "I'm sure he's going to be alright, Claire. There won't be too much damage done. He's a smart boy like his mother and father." As soon as he mentions it, she falls apart.

"Claire," I say softly and Jack lets go for me to take his place. I tightly wrap my arms around her. "He's going to be alright. Has the doctor spoken with you yet?"

"Not yet," she says lightly. "His coach called me on the way here and he told me how Peter wasn't feeling good so he wanted him to take a break from practice. Then I guess he somehow fell into the pool. I don't really understand what he was doing."

"Claire." I say softly and bring her head to my chest. "He's very strong. He's in great care." She nods her head and hugs me tightly. I look towards Johnson and he sends me a small smile as I try to keep Claire calm.

~

Next update: Thursday

Thoughts?