Labor

Lassitude ~50

Cameron Dallas' pov

Matt pulled up to the hospital and I get out along with Grace. She is a little startled to when I interrupted her private lesson. I thank Matt and look towards the text Nash sent me. The fifth floor.

I look towards Grace and she looks at me. I take her hand and lead her into the hospital. I look around and following the signs for the c wing of the building. We walked to hall until we find the elevator of the c wing area.

"Are you excited to meet your baby brother?" I ask Grace to keep her from worrying.

"Yes! I can't wait to hold him."

"You'll be one of the first to really hold him after your mom, uncle Shawn and I."

"Promise?" The elevator door opens and we walk in. I press for the fifth floor.

"I promise you." She smiles and nod.

"Are you nervous to be in the room with mom?" I smile sadly remembering now that this might really be the last time I'll really with the family together.

"Yes." I wasn't there the first time and it makes me nervous that Ri is now going into labor. We reach the fifth floor and stepped out as I followed the signs to get to the back of the c wing.

"Good luck to you and mom!" Grace says happily as we approach where everyone else is in the waiting room startled and excited.

"Thank you princess," I gave her a kiss to the head and smile at Ryan before the nurse leads me to another set of halls.

"Mr.Dallas, I need to put this on before we go in." I nod at the nurse as I put the scrubs on and put the mask around my neck. It takes me a few minutes to have everything in place. We walk a few steps where I can hear Ri.

"I am not doing anything until Cam gets here!" I hear a frustrated Ri from the room and my eyes widens. I rush down the hall and rush into the room. I pull the curtains back and heads turn towards me.

"I'm here," I half smile and I already see Shawn on the left side. Ri breaks into a smile and I make my way to her side other side and take her hand as I kiss her head.

"Alright, Mrs.Dallas. You can start pushing," the doctor says and I look towards my wife as she nods. She looks towards me and I gave her a reassuring smile and squeeze her hand.

"I love you Ri," I smile. "You can do this." That is when the pushing, squeezing and screaming started.

~Five and a half hours later~

"I never want to have sex with you again," Riley grits through her teeth as she squeezes my hand really tight. "I hate you Cam."

My heart is escalating as I have learned to take this all in. Shawn looks towards me trying not to show how funny and amusing this is to him. Shawn has been through this for his wife. He's here for support for his sister.

"You're doing great, Ri. You can do this," I say softly and push her sweaty hair off her forehead. Her breathing is rigid and she's clearly in a lot of pain.

"We're not having another kid. I'm not doing this again!"

"Keep pushing Mrs.Dallas," the doctor says. "You're getting there."

"I want the pain to stop," Riley starts to cry in pain and my heart aches for her. She has gone through this without me once and it makes me feel terrible. I wonder what she had said when she gave birth then.

"Push really hard," I say gently and try to soothe her. I bring my free hand to the side her forehead and rub gently.

"If you can push really hard about ten more times, your baby will be out," the doctor says.