Home

Lassitude ~2

Ryan Dallas' pov:

"Mom!" I call out as the four of us walk into the house. It took about ten minutes to walk from school to our neighborhood. Grace and Cooper makes their way to the kitchen to make a snack as I shut the door. I take my shoes off before I walk towards the stairs and my way up them, then down the big halls. Maybe she is in her office. She likes to spend quite a lot of time in there when dad isn't home. I walk to the end of the door and knock. "Mom?" I ask as I open the door and walk in to see my mom looking up from her laptop.

"Hi Ryan," My mom smiles and stops typing. "How was school today?" I walk over to give her a quick hug.

"It was okay, The usual day. Um... do you know if dad will be home for dinner tonight?" A second of sadness flashes across her face before she tiredly smiles.

"I'm not completely sure yet. He told me that he may have to stay late tonight to shoot a scene."

"Oh... okay," I say slightly disappointed. He hasn't been home for dinner for a few weeks and I don't see him as much lately. His show has been keeping him on set many nights trying to finish or go over lines.

"I'm really sorry Ryan. He definitely will be home Friday and for the weekend." I nod and walk over to small sofa that is in here. I look around her office like I do everyday and like how everything is set up. I like to observe her office if that makes any sense?

"Will he be able to come to my game?"

"Of course he will. He knows how important this Saturday's game is to you. He also made sure to spend time with you and Grace for your birthday. He took the whole day off. Made sure of it."

"Is Claire coming?" I ask with a smile.

"Probably," She half smiles. Then she looks down at the screen. Claire is one of the actresses on dads show and good friend of moms. Dad too. She has been dads friend for a pretty long time. "So... I'm taking you and Cooper to the game first thing in the morning, right?"

"Yes. Are we going for an early breakfast or a late brunch after?"

"We'll definitely get you and Cooper something to eat before getting you two to the game. I think your uncle Jack and uncle Shawn should be coming with us. Grace will be meeting us at the game with your dad and the rest." I nod taking in the new information.

"What time does aunt Caitlyn, Eva, and Aunt Ranisha arriving tonight?"

"Around seven. Are you excited to see them?" I nod and smile thinking I get to see Eva again. Eva Mendes is aunt Caitlyn and Uncle Shawn's daughter. She just turned six recently.

"I'm really excited to see Eva again. I'm excited to see everyone again." My mom and I sat across from each other as we talk about the plan for the next two days.

Grace Dallas's pov:

"Do you want anything Coop? I'm making a quick sandwich and chips as a small snack before my mom and Natalia starts preparing dinner."

"I'll share some chips," he says kindly and thanks me before he takes out an assignment. I take all of my usual ingredients and take a plate out.

"Which assignment is that?" I ask as I put the ingredients onto my sandwich.

"It's the questions I haven't started for the lab." I cut my sandwich in half before putting everything away.

"Do you need any help?" I walk into the pantry to grab chips and pour a good portion on the plate before putting them back. I then bring my plate over to Cooper and sat beside him. He wraps an arm around me and I feel my cheeks starting to warm up.

"No. I think I'm alright with this one. Thank you for your offer though." I nod as we share my chips. I take a bite into my sandwich and smile to the delighted taste. "So," He starts.

"So," I say looking at his lab.

"I've uh, actually wanted to ask you something." I look towards him and can tell he is slightly nervous. He looks at me with his light faded blue eyes and slightly long eyelashes.

"Go ahead then. You seem... nervous," I half smile.

"Well... so I've been thinking for awhile. I know we've been really close friends for a long time. I was wondering if I could take you out sometime?"

"We go out all the time." I look at him confused. "We hang out all the time."

"I know... I meant just you and me." He looks down as I stared in a somewhat surprised shock. "Only if you want to," he adds in quickly. I look around the kitchen making sure no one is around.

"I'd really like that Coop, bu-"

"It's alright Grace. You're not into me like that. I understand."

"No, that's not what I meant." I take his hand and he looks towards me. My eyes are slightly wide and my cheeks are burning. How did we escalate with this conversation? "What I meant is my brother."

"We could tell him."

"No."

"No?"

"What if he can't stand us... you know." I say.

"Grace... he knows I would be asking you out. We're not exactly hiding anything."

"Oh..." He looks towards me and I look away quickly. I hear him laugh lightly and I punch him in the arm. "So you like me, huh?" I look towards him.

"I could say the same to you. You're completely blushing right now."

"You're not answering my question," I say trying to hide my face.

"To answer your question, yes. I like you quite a lot Grace Dallas."

"Pretty sure I've liked you longer."

"How about we find out. You and me go out sometime."

"I'd like that Coop. As long as my dad does not find out."

"He won't find out." I nod with a small smile.

"So I guess it's a date then?" Cooper nods and I look down nervously knowing this is probably one of the best thing that has happened to me in awhile.

I like Cooper Felton and he may like me back.

~
Next update will have both Camerons and Riley's pov

I apologize for shorter updates as of right now. I've been so focused on 'Limerence' and I'm getting near the end. So much happening in that story that's it's addicting... 🙈 If you haven't read Limerence, You should go read it because I am currently writing non-stop (:

I promise updates will be more frequent once 'Limerence' is over and updates will be longer once the story is set off. Beginnings are always really hard to start. Hope all you have a great week and see you guys in two weeks!