Lets Talk

Lassitude ~47

Riley Dallas' pov

"You made it," Matt says tiredly as I enter through the front of the hospital. Jack dropped me off and headed for the parking garage as he would find us in a bit. Matt offered to meet me at the front.

"How are you guys doing?" I ask worryingly. I feel very worried like a mother and wife normally would.

"Nash and I are doing alright. We've been... looking out for Cam. I guess your wedding ring really hit him." We begin to make our way more into the hospital and walk into the halls.

"Did they say if there's anything wrong?"

"He has chronic physical illness," he says softly. "Ri... maybe if you can stay with him tonight or maybe reassure him that everything will be alright, it would really help us get him back on track."

"I wasn't planning on leaving him Matt." I think back to the letter and how it's messing with my emotions. Right now I don't want to think about the divorce. I want to focus on him. "Did he eat?"

"No, we have food in the room for him, but he says he's not hungry. Ri... I know you want to get a divorce and all, but maybe can you refrain from talking about it with him. Try to make him happy if you can?" I only nod as the elevator door opens to the seventh floor and we both walk out. I follow Matt out and he leads the way through the halls into a lobby and through more double doors.

Each step I take, I feel nervous to see Cameron. We start to slow down when I see Nash standing outside a door looking stressed. As we approach him, he looks up and I notice his blue eyes wide with worry and tiredness.

"Ri," he says worriedly and walks over to hug me. "Thank you for coming. I know Cam hasn't been the best with you an-"

"Is he awake?" I ask gently. He nods and opens the door quietly. It seems only the small light is on in the room.

"We'll let you talk to him alone. We'll be out here if you need us." I nod as I make my way inside. The door closes behind me and I push through the curtain so I can walk into the room more. I see Cameron on his side flipped the other way.

Slowly I make my way over. I notice he is in a hospital gown and has a wristband on.

"Cam?" I ask gently. It takes a moment until he turns to his side and my heart aches to see him like this. He seems surprised to see me and he sits up on the bed. I take a seat on the edge of his bed and bring my hand to the side of his face.

Cameron's eyes looks lost and filled with guilt and sadness. He brings his hand up gently to my arm to grasp. He closes his eyes and I have to stop myself from tearing up.

"Can you lay here with me?" He asks gently. I nod getting off the bed so he can pull the covers back. I take my flip flops off and get under the covers with him and he wraps an arm around me. "Is this okay?" I nod and bring my hand to his so can intertwine them.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Cameron shakes his head.

"You don't have to be nice to me Ri. I should be apologizing to you and figuring out what I'm going to do with my life without you and the kids."

"Hey, lets not talk about that now."

"I can't ignore it. I broke my wedding vows to you." I turn to face more to see him looking afraid and sad. "Ri, I'm so sorry." I wrap my arms around him to give him a hug. I try my best to calm him. "You must hate me. I've been the worst father and hus-"

"Cam, listen to me," I say cutting him off. "You are not the worse father and you weren't a terrible husband to me. I'm sorry for even slapping you. I was shocked and upset. Sure you've hurt me, but you've given the kids and I so much happiness over the years. We're not perfect."