Unexpected (part 2)

Lassitude ~32

Grace Dallas' pov

"Ollie!" both Sophia and I call out to my new puppy as he runs around. Sophia and I sat in the gazebo surrounded by a beautiful garden and pretty lights as we wait for G to come back. He told me he had to do something real quick and told us to enjoy the view.

Ollie runs back over to me and I pick him up. I snuggle him into my arms and smile as he licks my face. He's so cute! I'm glad G was able to let me adopt Ollie with my parents permission.

Speaking of parents. I'm sort of surprised my dad was on board with this. Did he really agree to let me have a puppy? Am I going to see him today at all? A part of me still wants to see him. A part of me is afraid.

"You okay Grace?" I look towards Sophia as Ollie settles in my arms.

"Hmm, yeah. I guess I am," I half smile. "Today has been very eventful."

"I can agree with you. You have the best uncle and godfather in the world. You're very lucky." I smile at the thought that G and uncle Shawn has always been there for me. "What do you think they are planning for right now?"

"I'm not really sure," I half shrug. "They're always great with surprises. You should sleepover with me tonight if we're still at the suite."

"I'd love that. I'll ask my parents and let you know."

"Sounds great." I begin to hear faint music from a distance and I look around. Ollie barks and I let him down as he runs off again. "Do you hear that?" I ask curiously as I point to the air.

"Yeah. Sounds like it's coming closer." I stand and make my way towards the center of the gazebo where I can see the opening. I notice a string quartet playing a piece and I smile. I notice the quartet as some of my friends from the orchestra. They smile as they notice I am staring.

I turn around to look towards Sophia when I gasps and smile. I see G and Hayes standing in a tux with presents on the seat of the gazebo.

"Princess Grace," Hayes smiles. "Tonight we are your escorts to dance." I smile at the two of them as the music changes and becomes more clearer. I look around for Sophia, but don't see her around.

"She will be back soon," G smiles and he held his hand for me to take. As I take G's hand Hayes takes a tiera out from the box and I gasp at how pretty it is. Hayes places it on my head securely.

"Best princess I've seen yet," Hayes says quietly and I feel my heart explode with happiness. This really does feel like a fairytale moment. G wraps his arms around me and I try my best to wrap my arms around his shoulders, but he's tall and I'm short.

We begin to slow dance. 

"Thank you G," I say softly as he twirls me and I am back to leaning my head on his chest.

"Anything for you Gracie," he says softly. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you for one of the best days of my life."

"You know I'd do anything for you. Thank you for coming into my life."

"I love you G."