Hurt

Lassitude ~40

Riley Dallas' pov

"Is there anything we can get you or maybe you want to leave for a little bit?" Jack asks as he sat at the edge of the bed and has an arm wrapped around me. Nash is also sitting while Matt went out to check on Peter.

Currently I am under the covers because I started feeling unwell again and Nash wanted to make sure I wasn't catching a cold. I felt down and very unmotivated, because my heart aches from the pain. I feel cold and sad.

"Can I have some apple juice and maybe a bowl of fruits?" Nash nods standing and gets up to go to the kitchen. "I wish things were different right now."

"We're sorry that you've been through a difficult time," Jack says softly. "You deserve so much better right now and I wish you didn't have to hurt this way."

"I love him," I sigh. "Did I do something wrong in this marriage?"

"Ri, how could you possibly think that? You've given your family all that you could have. You loved them, cared for them and have watched over them. It's not your fault. If anything, this is Cameron's fault. He should have thought about what he has done."

"I'm scared about telling the kids," I lift my hand to my stomach. "And the baby... I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Like I've said, you guys can stay with G and I until you're ready to find a place to move into. You know G and I will take care of you and the kids. You'll be close enough that your brother will be close by."

"You two are so sweet. That honestly sounds amazing right now... but the kids love it here," I sigh. "I can't pack up and leave like that. It isn't fair to them and they have so much here right now."

"I completely understand. You can talk to the kids and maybe come up with something. You should start fresh... if you... want to get a divorce." Jack says slowly. "You have to tell Cam about this for sure."

"I... don't want him to come in here," I say quietly and close my eyes with slight fear. Never has Cameron pushed me like that except for that one time in Hawaii. Even at time it wasn't as much force like it was today. My tailbone hurts and I will have to make a visit to the doctors office.

"No, not now. Of course we weren't going to let him come in here. Ri. I'd kick him out right now if you want me to."

"There has been enough problems for one night. I... just want to make sure the baby is okay. I feel like I should make sure the baby is healthy."

"Right now? It's almost eleven. I'll take you in the morning before you spend time with my cousin. I'll be happy to get up extra early to take you."

"Okay." I open my eyes and see Jack looking down at me now, because I'm back to laying down. "How do I approach the kids about this?"

"Don't worry about that right now Ri. Don't stress yourself anymore. We can figure that out tomorrow." The door opens again and I look to see Nash with a bowl and a cup of orange juice. I slowly sit up and be places the cup on the table before handing me the bowl. "Thank you Nash."

"No problem. Crystal worries for you and hopes the situation gets better. I didn't tell her about some of our discussions."

"Thank you." The door opens again and I see Matt coming in. I hear crutches and Matt moves slightly where I see Peter. "Hi Peter," I say lightly. "Did you want me to get your medication?"

"Hi," he says shyly. "Matt already gave me a dose. I was wondering if I can hangout with you until my mom gets here."

"Of course you can. Take a seat. You're going to leave tonight?"