What to Expect

I have a very valid reason why I didn't post at 9. So this pic explains everything (': So... I official met Jack and Jack after 4 years. Happy early birthday to me! 😊🎁

Lassitude ~34

Grace Dallas' pov

"I have another cousin?" I ask curiously as my dad and I stop dancing for a moment. "What's their name?"

"I'll introduce you when we get home," he half smiles. "I... uh wasn't supposed to tell anyone yet." I nod understanding as I notice G coming over with something behind his back. Sophia is close behind him.

"Your uncle Shawn is sorry that he couldn't be here," G says softly, walking over to us. "This is the gift he wanted me to give to you." He brings out a case and I smile having the slightest feeling what this will be. He hands it to me and I walk over to the bench to place it on here as I kneel down to open the case.

I use the zipper to open the case and carefully open it. I push the top to fully open and my eyes widen at the viola Inside the case. Before I can comprehend what's going on, I gasp and take out the viola carefully.

"No way!" I gosh in shock. This is really in my possession right now. I look up to see my dad and G looking at me confused.

"Princess, you already have a viola," my dad says slowly.

"Why the heck would your uncle get you a viola?" G asks. "Why are you so... happy?" I smile at them widely and giddy. They don't understand.

"This is the thirty seven hundred dollar viola I've wanted," I bounce slightly off the bench. G gapes as he processes the price.

"For a viola? Has Shawn gone crazy?" G turns to my dad. My dad shrugs.

"It's not just a viola. It's a very special one," I smile feeling giddy. "Oh my gosh, I can't wait to thank uncle Shawn for this!" I hear Ollie barking and I carefully put my viola back into the case and close it up. "Hi Ollie," I smile and pick him up.

"Is this the puppy you picked out?" My dad asks softly. I stand carefully with Ollie in my arms and nod.

"Want to pet him dad?" He nods and walks closely as I hand him over. Ollie licks my dad's face and he chuckles. Ollie barks and looks up at him. "He likes you dad."

"He's adorable. Hi, boy," my dad greets Ollie and pet his head. He talks to him for a few minutes when he looks up at me. "I still have to give you my separate present from your mom."

"You didn't have to get me a present dad."

"Yes, I did. The amount of time I have spent away from you lately and everything I've put you through. I owe you everything Grace." My dad has a look of guilt. "So I figured out something you've been wanting to do for quite some time," my dad says slowly. He carefully reaches into his tux back pocket and takes out an envelope. He hands it over to me and I take it curiously.

"You and mom have already given me so much."

"We want to give you everything Grace." I flip the envelope over and open it. I pull out two tickets and it takes me a moment to see what they are for. I smile and attack my dad with a hug.

"Thank you! I can't wait to visit aunt Aaliyah, Grandma Karen and Grandpa Manny!"

"And... you get to spend some time with your uncle Jack and G while they are in California." I look towards G and he has a smile.

"I'm so excited!"

"Your mom and I have more gifts waiting for you when you're ready to come home." I nod as Sophia walks over to us. My dads phone goes off and he takes it out of his pocket. "It's my alarm to go back home." He turns the alarm off and looks at me before G. "I'll see you guys at home?"

"Yeah, we have one more place to go." G turns towards me. "Your uncle Shawn should definitely be there. Then we'll get our things from the suite." I nod as Hayes and Sophia gives me a hug.

"I'll see you at the house," Sophia says to me.

"I'll see you there." I guess it's only G and I meeting uncle Shawn at our next destination.

"Should I have you take my viola home?" I ask my dad.

"You need your viola," G half smiles and I look at him curiously. Where are we going next?

"Can I take Ollie with us?"

"Of course you can. We... should get going." I nod as I give my dad one last hug and he hands over Ollie to me. He leans in to kiss my temple.

"I'll see you later," he says.

"See you soon dad." G takes my viola case and I hand him my flight tickets so he can put it into his tux pocket. He held his hand out to me and I take it while putting Ollie down. He runs around us and I smile.

Ryan Dallas pov

"Ryan," I look up from my phone to see uncle Shawn walking into the living room. I notice his face slightly flushed and I looked at him confused.

"What's wrong uncle Shawn?" I've been thinking about Claire being Peter's mother. I had no idea about that and when my uncle Shawn had to talk to her it confused me even more.

"N-nothing, right now," he says lightly. "I'm about to meet your sister and G at the Sydney tower. Do you want to come?"

"Yeah," I smile and nod getting up. His eyes hesitantly shifts to Peter.

"Do you want to come Peter?" My uncle Shawn asks softly. Claire, Uncle Jack, Nash and Sam walks in.

"You can't just take Peter without asking me Shawn!" Claire says hurtfully. My uncle Shawn turns to Claire coldly.

"I really am upset with you! I don't have time for this right now Claire," my uncle Shawn points a finger at her. I look towards Peter and he's looks uncomfortable. "Are you going to tell 'your' son the news?" I look at Claire who looks like she's going to fall apart any second.

"Mom?" Peter asks quietly. "What's going on?" Claire sends uncle Shawn a hurtful look. Everyone must still be downstairs.

"I can't do this right now," Claire shakes her head. She pushes past everyone and Peter immediately gets up.

"Mom!" Peter says going after her by hopping and I follow quickly worriedly. I follow Peter out the front door and we find her overwhelmed.

"Claire..." I hear my uncle Jack making my way past me and over to his cousin. He hugs her and whispers a few things and I turn around to see Shawn starts to make their way over to them. "Shawn, you need to stop." My uncle Jack is frowning as he hugs Claire tightly and Shawn stops by my side.

"Claire," uncle Shawn says lightly.

"Maybe this is exactly why we broke up," Claire sniffles.  "You never listen to me anymore and never put my feeling first. You're always blaming everything on me. Why do you think I didn't come directly to you all these years?"

There's a pause and everything makes sense to me now. I feel bad that Peter is finding out this way.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to do this now like this."

"It's too late now! I was afraid you wouldn't accept Peter for being your child. I was a mess and struggling in school. I didn't have you to help me, because you told me you never wanted to see me again!" Claire's eyes widens and looks towards Peter realizing that he's still here.

Peter looked between his mother and his father trying to take this all in. I can't tell what he is thinking.

"Peter..." Uncle Shawn says softly.

"You hurt my mom," Peter says quietly. "Why did you leave us?" Uncle Shawn's mouth parts before he closes it again. My mom's eyes are wide. He does the most unexpected thing instead. "Aunt Riley?" I look towards my mom and she nods slightly. "Can I lay down?" My mom comes over quickly and helps Peter in without saying a word. Nash and uncle Jack have worried expressions.

~

Next update: Monday