Before Noon

Lassitude ~11

Riley Dallas' pov:

Cameron held my hand as we look onto the screen to wait for the scene to unfold. My shirt is pulled up and I can feel the cold gel over my umbilical area.

"Is it correct that you would like to know the gender today?" Dr. Gin asks us as she continues in search for the the baby. I look towards Cameron who smiles. I can tell he's really excited for this.

"Yes doctor," I say lightly and squeeze Cam's hand. As we wait I think back to the day when Cameron and I adopted Ryan and Grace. I also remember the night when Cam brought me back to the apartment after I was better.

~Memory~

Cameron opened the door to the apartment and puts his arms around my waist as he opens the door. We walk into the air conditioned apartment and I hear for steps coming from the kitchen.

"Mommy!" Grace announces cheerfully as she runs up to me with Ryan behind her.

"Mama!" Ryan says just as eager and the both of them wrap their arms around my legs. I bend down to my knees to hug the both of them. Their small arms embracing me.

"I've missed you two," I say to the both of them and hug them tightly. I notice Nash coming out of the kitchen and he gives me a small smile.

"We missed you too mama! We're so happy to see you. Dad says he excited for you to have dinner with us."

"As a family!" Grace cheers. I smile at the two and nod as my heart swoons to my children.

My children.

Cameron and my children. I look up towards Cameron who looks down towards us and has the warmest smile on his face as he watched us. I stand slowly as Grace jumps up and down with excitement.

"We're making dinner and baking muffins with Nash!"

"That's awesome Gracie! I can't wait to taste everything." She runs back into the kitchen where Nash follows her and Ryan looks up at me with a small smile. Cameron has told me about her obsession for muffins. Ryan holds his one arm up to me as I carefully bend over to pick him up.

"I saved you some soft chocolate chip cookies. I hope you like them," Ryan smiles.

"Thank you Ryan. That's so sweet of you," I lean over to plant a kiss on his cheek. "I'm sure I'll love them." Cameron and I make our way to the kitchen to find Nash helping Grace setup the table.

"Mommy! I want to show you something!" Grace says making her way over to me and grabs my hand before leading me away from the kitchen. I hear Cameron laughing lightly as he follows us. I am led through the living and up the few stairs into Cameron's room.

I carefully put Ryan down as Grace runs over to the table and she picks a card up. She runs back to me and holds it up.

"I made you a card."

"Thank you Grace," I smile and take the card from her to see drawings. She's very artistic. I open the card to see a small note written from her. Awe, she's so cute. "I love it Gracie, thank you." I bend to hug her.

"I love you and daddy!"

"Daddy and I love the both of you very much," I smile and look towards Cameron who nods and picks her up. I carefully hold Ryan's hand and he smiles up at me.

"I love you mama," Ryan says to me. "Love You dad," Ryan turns to Cameron. Instantly we are in a group hug.

~End of memory~