Feelings

Lassitude~18

Grace Dallas' pov

"Thank you G. Thank you uncle Shawn," I spoke quietly as we sat down at a booth table at a restaurant. I think they both figured out I didn't eat anything before rehearsal and my lesson. They sat across from me looking carefully.

"You're hungry child," G says. "We weren't going to wait any longer for you to eat." I only nod and play with my fingers on my lap.

"I'm sorry your rehearsal didn't go too well," uncle Shawn apologizes. I shrug remembering a complete nightmare of rehearsal today.

"If you ever want to talk Grace. We're here for you," G says gently. "I know your two days has been rough for you and hopefully we can try to change that this weekend."

"I will talk to your mom. I'm really sorry everything is going bad for you." I have a heartache and I know G and uncle Shawn is really trying to be there for me. I really appreciate it. My mom will probably go along with my dad though. She usually does.

"I-I wish I was a better daughter for them," I say softly and keep my eyes averted to the table.

"Gracie..." G says. I shake my head to keep myself from breaking down again. "You're perfect just the way you are."

"I feel like they don't want me anymore. I tried to apologize and tried to do everything to let dad know I'm really sorry and he just yells at me more. I don't understand," my eyes waters and I look up. Both of their eyes goes wide and uncle Shawn decides to get up and take a seat next to me. He pulls me close to him so he's hugging me and I let the tears spill through.

"We'll figure this out Gracie," Uncle Shawn says as he kisses the top of my head.

"Th-thank you for being here with me." I look between the two and G gives me a sad smile nodding.

"Anything you need," G starts. "We want you to be happy." I smile faintly and nod as he hands me a few tissues so I can wipe my face and blow my nose out.

"Can I visit, aunt Aaliyah, grandma Karen and grandpa Manny sometime?" I ask.

"Of course you can Grace. They'd love to see you. Maybe I can get your mom to let you go when I head back."

"And..." G smiles. "You can stay at my house and we can go shopping and hit the beaches when we're in California. I have a room there for you."

"You do?" I ask feeling excited.

"Duh, you're my goddaughter," G chuckles. "I'll talk to your mom more about it. I'm sure you'll be able to go."

"Okay," I half smile. "I'd really like to go to both places."

"We can make that work." Our food arrives and my stomach grumbles happily. They began to talk about plans for when I come over.

Riley Dallas' pov

"Awe!" The girls and I say to Ranisha who was telling a story of her and Jack. She just finished the trip they went on for the weekend in Italy during the tour. Ranisha and Jack has been going out for several years now.

"I heard Cam is planning something for you two," Caitlyn smiles and Hope nods.

"You and Cam need some alone time," Crystal points out and Mia smiles at the girls in how close we all are.

"When was the last time it was just you and Cam?" Andrea asks. The girls nod looking towards me.

"Its been a few years," I answer shyly.

"See?!" Hope say with a hopeful smile. "You two must go out on a date and enjoy yourselves!"

"I agree with Hope," Caitlyn says as the other girls nod.  "You and Cam, sometime next week." I look towards the guys to look for Cam, but I don't see him.