Chapter 115

October 26, 1956

"So Mr. Kennedy, tell us a bit about your family."

Jack had been sitting in the interview for about an hour, he was getting tired, it was supposed to be half an hour and he needed to take his pills, apparently he'd been sent the wrong time and the interview was actually an hour and a half.

"Well, there's Jackie, my wife. She's... she's the joy of my life, she's kind, sweet, beautiful, and supportive, pretty much anything a man wants.

She gets more press then I do." he gave a small laugh.

"Yes... then there's also my daughter, Bella. Arabella's her full name but we call her Bella. She just started talking about a month ago."

"Your wife is pregnant with another child, correct?" asked the interviewer.

"Yes, she is, with a girl."

"Have you decided on a name yet?"

"No, we, ah... we believe we'll name her when she's born, though we do have some ideas."

The man nodded.

"What are your opinions on the current segragation issues down south?"

Jack paused, and said,"I believe in the Declaration. Our Founding Father's wrote, in ink and signed to the phrase that reads,'All men are created equal.' I do not believe in Segragation and I know that we the people, of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, and Establish justice, one of the first things we need to fix is segregation. We had a bloody war and many good men died, and yet we still cannot seem to accept other people just because of their skin color. I say it is unjust and I will fix it if I am elected."

The interviewer nodded,"Mr. Kennedy..."

Suddenly a ring went off.

"Well it seems as though our time is up, Mr. Kennedy." the interviewer smiled.

"It appears so." Jack nodded.

He looked at the time,"I need to go." he told the man, Mr. Smith.

Mr. Smith nodded,"Goodbye Senator." "Goodbye Mr. Smith."