Chapter 42

313 in historical fiction!!!!! Thanks for your support everyone!

March 20, 1956

Jackie paced around the room.

Bella was on the ground, playing with her unicorn and teddy bear from new york. This was Jack's last day in Conneticut, he'd be coming back tomorrow at 5:00AM.

Jackie would probably already be awake due to morning sickness when he got home.

She planned to have his favorite dessert waiting for him on the table, despite the time.

Jackie rolled her eyes, he'd probably want to go right to bed.

Jackie sighed, she'd been pondering over this for half an hour.

Just decide something.

After a long while of thinking Jackie decided to leave dessert on the table. If he didn't see it or didn't want it, she'd put it away.

Jackie set to work on making Jack's favorite dessert, brownies. Bella tried to help, as soon as Jackie started pouring things into a bowl Bella reached for it from her spot on the floor.

Jackie brought her up, she was getting fairly heavy now, for a baby.

Jackie took out some sugar she needed to pour into the bowl.

She wasn't a very talented chef, but her mother taught her how to make simple desserts, besides she had a cookbook with the recipe if all else failed.

Jackie placed Bella's hands on the cup of sugar and put her hands over them, and they slowly poured the sugary goodness into the bowl.

She continued to do this with Bella until they were done, though she did do the eggs by herself.

Jackie put the brownies in the oven. Bella was hungry again, so Jackie fed her and the baby fell asleep in Jackie's arms.

Jackie brought the child into her room and into her crib. She then went back downstairs, grabbed the unicorn and teddy bear, put them in bella's crib and went to take care of the brownies.