Chapter 29

March 12, 1956

Jack stared at her.

"Your WHAT?" he spluttered.

"Pregnant."

Jack stared at her before he laughed and swirled her in a circle despite his bad back.

Jackie had a small smile now too.

Jack then grabbed Bella out of her high chair (she discreetly kicked the peas off the plastic table while he did so).

He swirled her around and said to her,"You're gonna be a big sister Bella!"

Bella gurgled happily and reached for her father's face. He brought her close and she pulled on his hair.

"Gah Bella." he laughed.

Jackie kissed him and he wrapped one arm around her and used the other to keep Bella from falling from her high spot by his hair.

After the kiss Jack gave Jackie Bella back so she wouldn't give him baldness (as he joked to Bobby later).

"I can't believe it." Jack said.

Jackie laughed,"I can't either."

"Well." Jackie said depressively.

"This means I have to see my mother."

"It can't be that bad." Jack said.

"It is though. I bet she'll complain that Bella's name is so 'stereotypical' even though hardly anyone is named Arabella." Jackie said.

Jackie was normally calm but sometimes she lost her cool, it usually happened when she talked about her mother.

"Well if it's so bad." Jack said.

"Then you can spend some time with your favorite daughter and husband so you can endure your mother." he muttered into her hair.

Jackie laughed.

"Alright. What do you have in mind?"

Jack grinned at her.

"Remember when I said I booked us restraunts?"