Chapter 102

April 14, 1956

Jackie had gotten her hopes up that the press wouldn't mob the house.

They hadn't been here from 6 to 7 but at seven thirty she heard the familiar crying of Bella coming from her room.

Jackie frowned and went to Bella's room and shrieked to see a pressman on the roof halfway through getting through Bella's window with a camera taking photo's of the infant.

The shriek knocked the man off balance and he tumbled off the roof though he seemed to be fine.

Jackie closed the window and locked it, she'd have to lock everyhing.

She grabbed Bella in her arms and ran downstairs where she locked the front door, the windows and any other door and window there was.

This was ridiculous, Jack was only a Senator why was there so much press?

Jackie supposed nothing major had been happening lately so they wanted some form of story.

Jackie locked all windows and door's, slid down shades over windows and the window's that didn't have shades she draped blanket's over.

She grumbled, being the daughter of a fairly rich father and stepdaughter of a rich man, was bad enough.

But marrying into a family of political standing that was ridiculously high topped it off, not to mention Jack being a Senator which raised even more news reporter's to follow them around like lost puppy dog's.

Jack walked downstairs rubbing his eyes and looking annoyed and baffled,"The hell is going on?"