Chapter 86

April 9, 1956

Jackie and Jack arrived home out of breath. The taxi driver hadn't been the best. He had blared rock music the whole way home and yelled about what he thought about Jack's job in the senate and about all the rumor's going around. He talked uncomfortably long about the headlines in the massachusetts times about Jackie and Ted's kiss. Jackie had to keep Jack from tackling the man.

The taxi driver had inconveniently dropped them off a mile from home saying smugly something about not going on other's property. There were press cars following the taxi so Jack and Jackie were immediately mobbed. Jack and Jackie had run from them hand in hand laughing all the way, when they arrived home they fell on the floor out of breath and laughing.

Jack was on the floor struggling to breath while Jackie was against the locked door trying to stifle her laughter with a hand.

The temporal nanny of Bella came down the stairs and looked at them oddly, Jackie attempted to straighten herself up but Jack's laughing caused her to start laughing again.

After composing themselves Jack told the nanny,"You might not want to leave if you don't want to be hoarded." and with that he moved into the living room.

The nanny looked at Jackie and Jackie shrugged, her husband's ridicule rubbing off on her,"It's a wise piece of advice."

With that she went into the living room to sit with Jack.