Chapter 125

December 5, 1956

Jack was relieved when his wife was released from the hospital, to make sure Jackie and Kick were fine they had to stay at the hospital even longer than they'd had to for Bella's birth, he couldn't wait to take Jackie and Kick home, the three hour drive he took to get to the hospital every morning was exhausting on it's own.

Kick was fine, apart for being scarily small, not to mention she had been born with a large mop of hair, curiously enough. Kick had almost as much hair as Bella.

Jack and Jackie had decided to have Bella and Kick stay in the same room until Kick was about three, unless they objected.

As soon as Jack and Jackie got home they introduced the sisters who, hadn't met yet, Jack had never brought Bella to the hospital except for Kick's birth, in fear that she might get one of the sickness's that were in the hospital despite quarintine.

Bella was apparently upstairs when they arrived home, the babysitter was trying to get her to fall asleep.

Jack and Jackie head upstairs, Kick in Jackie's arms.

Jackie handed Kick to Jack before she ran into the room and hugged her older daughter, who exclaimed,"Mama!"

Jack let Jackie have her moment with her daughter before coming into the room with Kick.

Bella looked at Kick curiously from her mother's arms.

Jackie set Bella down and nodded at Jack to set Kick down. Jack did so, the two parents kept a watchful eye and watched how the two interacted.

Kick was sitting and looking at Bella with a frown.

Bella had a similar expression pointed at Kick but after about a minute of staring at each other, Bella stood wobbily on her feet and walked slowly toward Kick.

Kick watched her older sister toddle toward her.

Bella plopped down next to her sister, and looked at her. Kick did a similar thing before Bella giggled.

Kick then giggled at the two sisters giggled.

Jack leaned over to Jackie and whispered,"Do you have any crazy genes in your family?" Jackie laughed and elbowed him.

Bella then stood up, and the two parents for a moment thought in dread, that Bella didn't like Kick, but to their relief their oldest daughter just waddled over to her pile of stuffed animals and pulled out her giraffe and unicorn.

She soon toddled back to Kick and pushed the giraffe toward her.

Kick looked at it in confusion and Bella said.

"Pway."

Kick frowned at her sister, and pulled the giraffe, almost the size of her, onto her lap.

Kick giggled and Bella frowned but soon started giggling too.

A few minutes later the two girls were knocking the stuffed animals heads together and giggling madly, but simutaniously the two sister's yawned and Jack and Jackie each took one in their arms.

Kick's crib wouldn't get here until next week so Kick and Bella would be bunking Jack took Kick, who he had picked up, and set her in the crib, the infant looked around curiously but sluggishly.

Bella soon was set in next to her sister, with her unicorn.

Jack handed Kick a stuffed animal he'd picked out for Kick himself, a horse, a brown and black mare with white stockings. Jackie approved of it and Kick eagerly grabbed it and lay down on one side of the crib, Bella on the other. Bella had her unicorn and Kick her horse, and as if they were one the two sisters fell into a deep sleep.