Chapter 35

March 14, 1956 Central Park

When they arrived at the ice cream stand they were behind two groups of families, which was very short compared to what they imagined it would be like.

They had a reasonable amount of time to decide on what flavor of the cold goodness they would eat, Jackie remarked to Jack as they waited in line,"You know about fourteen days ago selling ice cream would be outrageous."

Jack laughed,"I know, the human mind works in a ridiculous way."

Jackie was happy that they were getting ice cream, she'd been craving it for the past few days.

They soon arrived at the front of the line and the ice cream man recognized them,"Senator Kennedy? What are you doing in New York?"

Jack said,"Meetings." darkly before he said,"We'll have a vanilla, and a choclate, medium sized and a extra small strawberry."

The man raised an eyebrow before he scooped the ice cream out and said,"That'll be $9.99 Senator."

Jack nodded and pulled out his hundred,"Do you have change?"

March 14, 1956 4:30pm Central Park

Jack had finished his vanilla ice cream about five minutes ago and he was watching in amusement as Jackie, again, tried to feed Bella the strawberry ice cream, despite Jack's constant remarks on how Bella was too young to be eating that already.

Jackie was soft spoken on some things, most things actually but a few things she fought valiantly at, for example: Making Jack stop leaving his half finished breakfast at the table without washing it off.

That was a nightmare...

Or when Jackie insisted on paying two times as much money as Jack expected on furnishing the house.

Or whenever she decided Bella needed to eat food early.

Jack sighed, women were confusing.

He lit a cigarette as he watched the struggle.

Suddenly he saw a bright flash and he looked up, startled.

"Whaaa-" before he could ask anything another flash went off.

Then he realized, he looked at Jackie and he mouthed,"The press."

Time to be pleasent and then make a fast getaway.