Chapter 111

April 20, 1956

Jackie bobbed Bella up and down as the five month old grinned and stared into space.

When Jackie tickled her Bella didn't giggle, not seeming to be the ticklish type.

Jack was in Kentucky at yet another meeting and Jackie was stuck at home alone for a week, Bella was getting her doctor's appointment and getting vaccinated for the second time as Bella couldn't make her six month appointment since she, Jack and Bella were going to Hyannis Port for Jack's birthday in May, they'd head back on June 6 as Jack had lots of Senate work to do, then for Jackie's birthday in July they'd visit her sister Lee for a week, making them come back on August 2 and then staying at home until another trip came up.

Suddenly a familiar name echoed in Jackie's ears,"Arabella Bouvier Kennedy?" they pronounced Bouvier wrong, Jackie rolled her eyes and went to the door with Bella on her hip.

"Hello Mrs. Kennedy." the nurse said.

Jackie nodded,"Follow me please." the nurse said.

Jackie followed her past many a rooms until eventually they reached an empty, supposed checkup area.

Jackie set Bella down on the check up counter and kept an eye on her so she wouldn't be mischevious and "accidentally" fall off the counter, Jackie had learned a couple things.

After going through standard procedures the doctor took out a needle, the shot and prepped it.

"Mrs. Kennedy, do you mind making sure your daughter doesn't thrash around?" The nurse next to the doctor asked.

Jackie nodded, she felt ill, she'd never liked hospitals and felt uneasy about unfamiliar people pumping things into her five month old daughter, even though she knew the paranoia was unreasonable.

Jackie took a deep breath and watched the white coats insert the needle into her daughters skin...