Chapter 5

Breakfast the next day was odd. Weird, tiring and great and horrible all at the same time. Unless you were Jack or Jackie Kennedy you wouldn't understand.

Jack and Jackie managed to sleep in... till seven. Arabella started crying, she was probably hungry.

Jackie fed her before coming downstairs, Bella on her hip, and finishing Jack's start at breakfast, despite what you would think Jack wasn't a disaster in the kitchen. As long as you didn't give him butter...

Jackie served up a delicious meal of eggs, bacon (For only jack) and toast, while Jack read the newspaper.

"We missed Eisenhower getting sworn in." Jack said offhandly.

Jackie shrugged as she sat down,"Yes, I suppose, but wouldn't he just repeating the same things as everyone else does, only twisted around to fit modern times?"

Jack shrugged,"Eh."

A comfortable silence fell over them as they ate their breakfast, before Jack turned to Jackie, his expression Solemn,"Jackie. After Eisenhower's done with this term, I'm going to try to run for president."

Jackie choked on the milk she was drinking.

She recovered quickly and turned to Jack, face laced with concern,"Jack, if that happens and you do become president Bella would only be four, three at the time you won the election!"

Jack sighed and laced his fingers through Jackie's hand,"Jackie, I want to give back to the country which has given me so much. It's given me life, jobs, options, a home, and... you Jackie. You."

Jackie sighed,"Let's continue this conversation another time, not as soon as I got home from the hospital."

Jack nodded, and scratched his neck before standing up and going to read a book to Bella.