Chapter 3

1 week later...

Jackie was finally allowed to leave the hospital with Arabella, Jack had been sleeping in the hospital during the nights and visited with Jackie and Arabella, already nicknamed Bella or Beautiful (Just Jack called her that.) during the day.

Therefore he was probably even more relieved when they were allowed to leave then Jackie was, and that was saying something. Jack had gotten a three week break from his job after Arabella was born, this was something Jack was eternally grateful for, he could spend time with his wife and child now, which was currently at the top of his bucket list.

When the Kennedy's arrived home Arabella was awake, she was intrested in the house. Particularly her room. Arabella had shown at just her age that she LOVED to play. While in the nursery she picked up dolls and toys and building blocks gallore, and she made weird noises and slumped on the floor when she waved them around while muttering strange baby talk.

Well, that's what Jack told Jackie at least, and it seemed to be true judging on Arabella's reaction to her room.

Jackie and Jack had bought white and gray cloud wallpaper and gray carpet, Bella's crib was painted white wood with a small netted overhang of white where her head would be, though not anywhere near enough to touch Arabella. In the crib was a pink matress that was very comfortable (Jackie had made sure of it) there were two pink pillows on either end of the crib, one white heart pillow, and a pink and white unicorn that Bella reached out for immedietly. There was also a fluffy polar bear skin (without the head, that would give Bella nightmares) shaped into a heart and it was very fuzzy and thick, not to mention warm for cold winter nights on your toes. There was also a white wooded rocking chair with a pink cushion and a white star pillow to match the white heart in Bella's crib.

There was a small bookshelf with a few baby books in it and a white couch with pink pillows on either end and a white star and heart with each pink square pillow. A light brown bunny that was about half a foot tall and a foot wide, and fairly realistic for a stuffed animal, sat on the couch as well. Jack had said that the white would get very stained and expressed concern for the money it would take to replace it, even though Jack's father was a millionare, he had seven living children and their families to split it around, not to mention keep he and his wife in comfort for the rest of their lives.

Jackie knew though that it wouldn't be much concern but she knew Jack was just trying to be conservative, it irked her sometimes how much that could take over his personality.

Anyways, Jackie set happily gurgling Arabella in her crib, and once inside it Arabella grabbed for the unicorn, and got it and hugged it.

Jackie knew that in later years this unicorn WOULD hold sentimental value.

Jack grinned at Jackie, he had gotten the unicorn and bunny for Arabella, and picked out a few books when Jackie had been focused on the design of the room, and Jackie didn't even want to see the toys in the toybox John F. Kennedy was going to spoil her daughter with.

Nonetheless, she grinned back at him, for this was a moment all parents shared and loved, it was a moment for family and nothing else.