Chapter 4

Jackie awoke to the sound of wailing. Of crying. Of screaming. Of her daughter waking up at three in the morning because she pooped her diaper.

Jackie sighed to herself and rose to her feet, trying not to wake Jack as she went, on her way to Arabella's room across the hall.

She grumbled, why did the parents of the world only talk about the good things about being a mother.

Jackie then chided herself because she knew she was lucky to have a child, to have a husband, to have a family. She told herself to stop being ungrateful and change this diaper. At three AM or five PM Jackie would change this diaper.

Jackie opened the door to her daughter's room and saw, even in the early morning darkness, Bella's red face from crying.

Jackie walked over to Arabella's crib and pulled her out, patting her back the whole time and waiting for her to calm down before Jackie changed her diaper.

Jackie put Bella back into her crib and softly sang and old Irish lullaby Jack had taught her.

Bella looked at Jackie, peace evident in her eyes and they looked at her with love and adoration as only a daughter had for their mother, before the eyes slowly shut and Jackie finished the song.

Jackie turned around to leave and go back to she and Jack's room only to see Jack a few feet away from her, in the doorway and looking at Jackie and smiling.

"Hey Kid." Jack said as Jackie walked over to him and slumped against his shoulder.

"Hey bunny." Jackie said,"Sorry that I woke you."

Jack shrugged,"Eh, I was already awake."

"No you weren't."

"Trying to make you feel less guilty." Jack said before he pecked her on the cheek.

Jackie elbowed him playfully before yawning,"Come on, lets get some sleep before miss attention waked up again."

Jack laughed before slinging an arm around her and walking to bed.

1956: A Kennedy Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें