Chapter 56

March 26, 1956

Jack sighed as he looked through the newspaper in his hand, lazily flicking through it. He felt terrible and he couldn't have medicine for another two hours, Jackie had turned on the telly but Jack just didn't want to look at moving pictures right now, so instead he was reading the newspaper, with Bella asleep on his lap.

"Anything interesting?" a voice asked.

Jack looked up and saw Jackie carrying a tray of tea and soup into the room.

"No, not really. Easter's coming up though, look it's only in a few days."

Jackie looked over his shoulder and saw the article with the heading, EASTER'S ON IT'S WAY.

"So it is." she said.

"I was thinking we could invite everyone over, mum and dad can't host this thanksgiving since their visiting Kick this year."

Jackie nodded,"That sounds good to me, but isn't it short notice."
Jack laughed and Jackie looked at him oddly.

Jack faced her and said,"Jackie, Kennedy's live off short notice's and suprise's, don't you remember how dad acted when he found out Kick was going to have twins? Or last christmas when Eunice brought Rosemary over?"

Jackie shrugged,"I suppose, I can phone them now."

Jack nodded enthusiastically,"Invite Lee too, also, don't bother to call Patricia, she said she was going with dad to see Kick."

Jackie nodded,"Alright, I'll get on it."

And with that Jack watched her leave the room.

"I couldn't have a better wife." he muttered.