Chapter 85

April 9, 1956

Jackie smiled as she was escorted from the hospital, Jack at her side. There had been no further complication's with the child, with her daughter.

While in the hospital earlier that day, about an hour earlier Jackie had asked the doctor if she her child was fine and she was clear to leave.

The doctor, a female with long blonde hair and a bit on the elderly side, had nodded,"Yes Mrs. Kennedy you and your daughter should be fine."

"Daughter... what?" Jackie had cried.

"Did you not know? That's the gender of your child." the Doctor had said.

"I... I was..." Jackie stuttered, she and Jack had wanted it to be a suprise, the gender of the child but it had been revealed without her consent.

Jack had been there too at the time and Jackie saw the scary calmness wash over him as that was what happened when he became mad, luckily he hadn't done anything rash.

Jack and Jackie left the hospital and were immediately mobbed by the press, the Senator hadn't been showing up to work because he had been visiting the hospital and the press were rightfully curious as was everyone else in massachusetts, Jack blew off work more often than not, it was a wonder how he was constantly re-elected. However this was ridiculous.

Luckily the police around the area kept them fairly far away but they were still too close for comfort.

"Mrs. Kennedy why were you in the hospital?"
"Mr. Kennedy what have you been doing?"

Several questions were fired at them. Jackie was flustered but Jack handled them with ease. Jackie admitedly admired his ability to just wave off crowds.

Soon they arrived at the taxi waiting for them and they were safe once more from the prying eyes of the public.