Chapter 55

March 26, 1956

Jackie looked over at her pale and shaky husband. His health still wasn't the best but he was recovering steadily.

Today he had gotten out of bed and Jackie had guided him to the living room and had him sit down, she then turned the telly on for him.

She then had sat next to him and held his hand.

Jack looked down at Jackie who had lay her head on his shoulder and kissed her hair.

Jackie looked up at him and smiled,"Hey Bunny."

"Hey Kid." He responded in a raspy whisper.

"Do you want anything?" Jackie asked.

"Yes." Jack said.

"What?" Jackie asked.

"For this damn sickness to go away."

Jackie sighed.

Jack exhaled before he looked down at her,"Yes though, I'd like my lovely daughter to come here."
Jackie laughed,"And your darling wife?"

"Ah yes, send for her too." Jack said jokingly.

"I'll see if I can find her." Jackie said.

Jack nodded and Jackie stood up and went to get their daughter.

After a long while of searching Bella's room frantically for her, Jackie remembered that earlier that day she had brought Bella into her and Jack's room.

Jackie hurried across the hall and let out a sigh of relief when she saw Bella on the bed, with her unicorn, teddy bear, and bunny.

Jackie picked Bella up from the bed and quickly soothed her as she saw a pout was on it's way.

She then handed Bella the unicorn and Teddy bear. She started to leave the room but Bella started crying for the bunny so Jackie grabbed it and went downstairs.

When she arrived it looked like Jack was asleep but one eye opened and looked at her and Bella, then the other and a weak smile spread across his face.

"Hello, it looks as though my daughter has been found but where oh where is my wife?" he said talking in mock desperation.

Jackie said as she turned around the couch and sat next to Jack,"Right here." before she pressed her lips on his.