Chapter 1

January 16, 1956

A beautiful brown haired women sat on the porch of the Kennedy residence in Massachusetts. Her hair is short, just above the shoulders, and curled up and the bottoms. Her eyes match her hair is a chesnut brown color that lazily are scrolling through the pages of a book.

Despite the freezing cold weather Jackie Kennedy is determined to read on her favorite spot on the porch.

A fairly tall, brown haired man steps out of the house and sits down next to his wife, despite being in a short sleeved shirt.

Jack Kennedy sits next to his wife and scans the cover of the book she's reading.

"Really Jackie?" He asks as he places her on his lap.

Jackie, peers up at her husband and gives him a slight peck on his cheek,"Yes Jack, really."

Jack chuckled,"A bit late to read it isn't it?"

Jackie elbowed him and laughed quietly.

A comfortable silence fell upon the couple before Jack said,"You know Jackie, I really can't stand seeing you in the cold, it's killing me, can't you come inside to read?"

Jackie looked up from the book again and looked at her husband, annoyance starting to sink in,"You know what they say the temper of a pregnant women is Jack?" before she returned back to her book, leaning against Jack as she did so.

Jack rolled his eyes and got up and exited the porch for a moment before he returned, Jackie soon felt something warm fall over her and mementary darkness overtook her before she pulled the blanket off and made a face at Jack.

Jack sat next to her and pulled the blanket over his lap before reading with Jackie the words he had written in the book Why England Slept.

Jack and Jackie sat for about thirty minutes, reading peacefully together before the peace was broken by Jackie's cry of pain.

Jack looked at his wife in high alertness and concern.

"Jackie! Jackie what is it!"

"Jack, Jack, Jack my water broke!" Jackie screamed at him.

Jack jumped to his feet and grabbed Jackie before supporting her as he dragged her to the car in the driveway, which luckily was very nearby as Jackie had been sitting on the front porch.

Jack and Jackie arrived at the Boston Hospital and yelled at the nurse at the front desk who was in the middle of saying,"Hello Senator Kennedy.","MY WIFE IS IN LABOUR, I NEED HELP!" The flustered nurse nodded and Jack recieved a glare from his wife who wanted as least amount of attention focused on her as possible, however what would've been a long and uncomfortable glare on Jack was cut off from Jackie crying out in pain once more, unsure of what to do Jack set his wife down in a waiting chair next to a young man who was looking at Jackie in shock.

A few moments later a few doctor's game running in to help Jackie into a hospital room, they got her put on a bed with wheels and were soon taking off running to a free hospital room, Jack on their heels.

Jackie was rushed into a hospital room and Jack tried to follow but a nurse blocked his path.

"Senator Kennedy I'm afraid you can't come in."

Jack pushed against the nurse and he and Jackie locked eyes and he yelled at the nurse,"What do you mean I can't come in!?"
The nurse said,"I mean you CAN'T come in!" and with that Jack was pushed out of the room and the door was locked.

Jack was left to pace frantically until news came.