Chapter 59

March 27, 1956

Ted awoke to the smell of...

"Pancakes."

The twenty-four year old man leaped from the couch and bolted like a hyper three year old into the kitchen where Jackie was cooking the heavenly, delicious, marvelous, wonderful...

"Pancakes."

Jackie looked up from the pan that was in her hand and at Ted,"Oh hi Ted, Jack told me you got here earlier today."

"If you could call it that." Ted said.

Jackie rolled her eyes and returned to her pancakes.

"Ted could you put Bella in her high chair?" Jackie asked, not turning away from the circle shaped breakfast wonders.

"Sure." Ted said but then paused,"I thought babies weren't supposed to eat actual food yet."

Jackie sighed and said,"Ted, don't question me please."

Ted shrugged,"Whatever you say mama."

Jackie rolled her eyes and flipped the pancake.

A few minutes later Jack came down,"Morning Jackie." he said, still a bit raspy.

Jackie set down the pancake,"Do you need any help Jack?" she asked worriedly.

"No I'm fine Jackie." he said, despite his trembling hands.

"If you say so." Jackie said in worry, going back to the pancakes.

Jack sat down next to Ted.

"So Ted, who are you dating now?" Jack asked jokingly.

Ted elbowed Jack,"I'm dating Shirley Temple." he said sarcastically.

Jack rolled his eyes,"Ya but really, we all know you can't live without a girl for more than a week."

Ted groaned,"Shut up Jack."

"Ok fine." he said,"I have a girlfriend. Her name is Marla Jones. We've been dating for two weeks."

"Wow, you actually managed to hold onto a girl! It's amazing Ted!" Jack said in fake shock.

"Shut up." Ted said and put his smiling face in his hands.

"Aww it's ok Teddy boy." Jack grinned as he rubbed his hand through his brother's hair.

"Jack stop trying to kill Ted!" Jackie called.

"I'll try sweetie!" Jack yelled.