16. Life With EXO: Kai

{Kai} {Kim Jongin}

----

You open your locker and find a note.

Remember I have my audition after school. Come and support me! ^^

----

"Kim Jongin. Please come forward."

"Annyeonghaseyo. Cho nung Kim Jongin me da~". He bows. The music starts. He starts dancing. He loved to dance. Dancing was important to him. He worked everyday to be where he is today. After couple of minutes, the judges told him he was done and to get off stage.

You wave at him. He spots you.

"Yah~ How was I?"
"You did really good. You're going to be famous one day..."
"Jinja? Ani ani ani... There are so many other people that came before me... And they did so much better. They did dances I don't even know.... Gomawo... for coming..."
"Yah~ That's what best friends are for, hmm?"

You smile. You guys continue to watch others until it was time for the announcement.

----

"Kim Jongin-ssi"
"Yah yah yah~" you slightly punch him in the arm. "Oppa~ that's you."

He walks up to the judges' table. You see him constantly nod at the judges. You hope he makes it. He's done so much for it. You see him bow and leave the judges table.

"Oppa what happened? Hmm?"
"Let's leave." He grabs your bag for you. He grabs your hand.
"Yah what happened?"
He doesn't answer. He opens the door. He lets go of your hand and continues to carry your bag.
"Let's go get something to eat. I'm hungry. I'll tell you later, arreso? Arreso."

----

"Annyeonghaesyo. Ssambap, but galbi please."
"Ne~ Give me ten minutes."
"Oppa can you tell me now, hmm?" He doesn't answer. "Oppa-ah?"
"They told me no."
"Yah wae?~ You did amazing. Hmm? You did a dance that no one did up there? Wae?"
"Gomawo, but they just told me no. It's not right timing. I'm too young they said. They told me I'd get a phone call sometime soon."
"Well...something will come good out of it. Maybe you'll get a call from someone famous? Hmm?"

The food arrives.

"I don't know..." The last hands the last plate of food. "Oh kamsahamnida~" He starts cooking the galbi. "I don't know really. I felt like giving up for a second. I really wanted this one though...jinja."

"Yah Oppa~ there are many more opportunities. Just wait. Someone will come and find you. And I swear you'll be famous hmm? Arreso?"

"You're saying that cause you're my friend." He starts to smile.

"Yah~ Oppa, don't worry...You know Yunho-ssi hmm? He worked so hard and look at where he is, huh? That's going to happen to you. Arreso?"

----

Few years later

----

You have graduated. You were studying in arts. You were almost done with college. You have two jobs. You work at a cafe and a clothing store at the mall.

----

"Do you still have the records? Please? I need to find her. I'm an old classmate. We were in the same class..."

"Ne~ I see. Well it does show proof. So I'll give the address we still have. But we have no contact number. Sorry.."

"Aniyo~ Kamsahamnida~"

----

"Umma I'm home from work~"
"Yah~ someone came by trying to find you."
"Jinja? Who was it?"
"I don't know. I wasn't home either. No one else. But whoever it was, it left a note under the door. See?" She hands you a note.

Please meet me outside at cafe near your home at 7pm tomorrow please.

"Yah~ Who do you think it is? Hmm? Do you think it's dangerous?"
"Yah Umma~ I don't think so."

----

It was at night late. You were standing outside for this anonymous. Luckily you had bought a trench coat to wear, for it was freezing at night.

You see a man wearing a dark peacoat with sunglasses and winter hat and scarf. You slightly bows at him. He bows back and grabs your arm.

"Yah yah yah! What are you d-"

He takes off his sunglasses.

"Yah Kim Jongin!"
"Yah! Tone down your voice..."
"Mianhae~"
"Annyeonghaseyo~" He bows. "Cho nung Kai me da~~~" He starts to laugh.
"Yah Op- ... Kai-ssi... What are you doing here?"
"Yah~ you can still call me 'Oppa' 'Oppa' ... 'Jongin Oppa' ... 'Kai Oppa' ... Arreso?"
"Ye Kai Oppa~" He starts to smile. "Were you the one that sent me the note yesterday?"

He puts on his sunglasses and grabs your hand. He starts walking. "Ye~ I wanted to contact you but I lost your number after these few years. I got a different phone and lost all my contacts."

"Have you been doing well? How is everything? It must be hard huh? Your videos turned our really nice. Your dancing too Oppa~"

"Gomawo~ Everything is fine. I didn't know I'd make it this far. With the long hours of training, it was tough. But it's worth it."

You guys walk into the ssambap stand.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Ssambap, but galbi please." He pulls out the chair out for you. He then take off his sunglasses. Luckily, there wasn't too many people there. Actually, no one but you two and the owner.

"I wanted to contact you so badly. How have you been?"
"I'm finishing with arts. I have two jobs also."
"Arts. Jinja? Aigoo~ I knew you were going to be involved with arts... You always drew pictures on sticky notes and stuck them into my notebook." He starts laughing, and the food comes over.
"Ne~ Enjoy your me- ...." She looks at both you carefully. "Yah aigoo! Look at you two! I remember you too, huh! Aigoo~ you guys have grown so much, huh? You're so pretty huh?" She pays you on the back. "And aigoo! Look at you! You're more handsome huh!" She pats him on the back. "Are you giys dating?"

You choke on the wrap. "Huh...umm..aniyo. We're just good, old friends..."
"Aniyo~ we not dating yet~ I was going to ask her today..."
"Huh! Aigoo! Mianhae! I'll leave!"

"Oppa, bo?"
"I was going to ask you today. I've liked you for a long time. I missed my friend when I was training. Best friend. Then I started liking you. See this scarf?" He stands up and takes his scarf off. He wraps the scarf around your neck. He sits back down. "I was going to give you that after we eat. I really like you. You've given me so much support. You're helped so much. To get this amazing journey. I thank you so much... Saranghae."

----

Aigoo. I should be sleeping. Z z z z. But wow. 2k views. Thank you so much~

Ssambap. I thought from Running Man, kekekeke. I want to try it! Galbi! ^^

////bows//// kamsahamnida~ jinja~

Please remember to vote and read like always. I will try to update more~ I should be sleeping for school tomorrow. I hate mondays~ how about you~ -.-" Hul.

Ah~ if you haven't hears about Yunho, I'll post the article link on the next chapter. Yunho is from TVXQ!/DSBK. At first, when you look at him, you'll visually like the other member(s). But he is a great person and he donates a lot. When training?etc, he had a hard situation. He was poor and he had multiple jobs. He was poor and had to sleep at the other member's house and even other places than home. He is a big inspiration. He has work so hard, jinja!

I will post the link on the next chapter!