Past Tense

I heard that what you don't know won't hurt you. I guess, this advice can be quite convincing as an excuse to avoid the truth that could hurt the person even more. But I also heard that there are no secrets that could be kept hidden forever. One way or another, it will be revealed somehow.

What if after a long time, you finally found the truth or should I say, you confirmed the truth. Does it still have the same effect? Is forgiveness would be easier? I don't know. I guess it'll all be based on how extreme the secrets/ (or sins) were and how extreme the love you have for him/her.

But what I know is, all those time I kept myself hidden from God doing every tiniest or extreme act that do not belong to Jesus, He still forgives me when I came back to Him. And that's the reminder I need to be reminded to be able to fully forgive no matter how much it hurts and no matter  how extreme it was.

It is hard to confirm the truth but it's better to hear the truth than to live in pretense and alibies. After all, truth can set us all free. Forgiveness is hard when you've been hurt many times and still hurting, but it can happen if you let love wins.

1 Peter 4: 8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.

Isaiah 43: 18
Forget the former things; do not dwell in the past.

7717