C h a p t e r~T w e n t y O n e

Previously on PJD:

All of the sudden, the leaders all rush towards me and I sprint away leading them towards the incident. They all look down and immediately pick Piper up ignoring her screams and Jason's screams of protest. They rush her away to the infirmary. Jason follows. Now it's me and Annabeth back here again. She pulls me into a kiss.

"Is everything gonna be okay?" She asks me when we pull away. I nod in encouragement and kiss her again.

But what we don't see is the dark shadow creeping up behind us from behind many boxes, dragging the body of someone dead.

____________________________

Leo's POV

I say on the edge of the roof of dauntless headquarters, ignoring the screams and everything going on, only focused on twirling the leather necklace I wear. My mom crafted it before she died, in the big fire that happened in our house...

If I be honest, I grew up in the faction less, but I was taken in as a Abnegation. Some sort of message about my father, a leader of Abnegation, telling them to take me in.

There was only one thing though-my father couldn't care for me. He had too many duties, he left me with a horrible nanny. Until my naming day when I was free of her, I felt tortured, and almost gave up once.

But covering up sadness is easy if your a bad boy like me, if you know what I mean.

I stand up, clutching my necklace as adrenaline races through me. I run along the rooftops, until I am out of breath, panting as I feel heat coming off me in waves, like fire, how tired I am.

I put my hands on my knees and lean over, catching my breath.

"Leo Valdez, what a sight to see here," says a female voice coming from somewhere. I freeze recognizing it. I slowly pull my gun out of my pocket, and turn around. No one is there.

"Where are you, snow-bitch?" I say, growling and feeling the area go cold, as it does whenever she's around.

"Says the one who killed his mother, Leo Valdez," she says, and you can feel her grin. I spin around where the pic did and fire twice, where her voice came from. Her laugh rings around the roof, high pitched and cruel.

"Oh Leo Valdez, so much false courage like you father, and so much bravery, sort of like you dead mother," she snarls.

"Where are you, snotty princess of the stupid factionless, huh? Don't they expel you last time I saw you and beat your little ass?" I retort, anger filling me up. I spin around firing my gun in every direction, hearing it clang and fly off somewhere else.

Then I have an idea. I stay in the same direction and stall.

"You may be right about one thing, I was expelled, but you didn't beat me. You may of killed my idiot brothers but your not that strong. Strong enough to kill your mother at least."

"You wanna play that card? We can play that game. Just show yourself," I sneer. "Your ass isn't a hat, Khione."

I earn a snarl from her and I hear her footsteps behind me, and I sense her dagger of ice.

"I'm not an idiot to come in the light, but I'm out of hiding, happy Valdez?" She grins.

"Oh, I'm happy," I say. I fire fight at the metal electric box and I hear a small squeak of Khione behind me, as she realizes what my plan is. The Buckley ricochets off it and back at Khione. I hear her scream as I spin around and the bullet is in her arm. She yells something and charges me. I dodge and we are locked in a fist fight. I feel her dagger in her back pocket radiating it's coldness.

"Actually, Leo Valdez, I think you won't know my plan, where I'll never see you again," Khione grins, and I feel something lifting my feet off the ground. I'm standing on a human cannon. I yell and try to jump out but I'm already in. Khione yells as I'm up in the air away from her.

"Goodbye Leo Valdez!" She says and in blasted off to who knows where.

At first, it's a wonderful flying feeling. Free falling, adrenaline coursing through me. I resist the urge to shout as fear courses through me, and I see the ground approaching. It takes almost ten minutes flying through the air. But as I do, something hits me in the back of my head, and I black out, only seeing a small house with a garden below me.

________________________________

I wake up dizzy with a massive headache, and in a small bed in a small room, with the tiniest kitchen, couch, table, and bedroom ever.

Then I am startled by the face of a pretty-no-stunning-girl sanding above me with a highly annoyed expression on her face.

"How the hell did this idiot find this place. Why him?" She yells the last part.

"Um, I'm awake and right here, sunshine," I say, groaning and sitting up. She scoffs.

"Did I say I cared?" She says, and she walks off, and grabs a piece of pizza from a box on her table. "Oh, and don't even think of eating anything without my permission," she says, waking outside. Through the small makeshift window I see her in her garden and she is tending to some purple flowers.

I don't care at the moment, so I go back to sleep.