C h a p t e r~F i f t y N i n e

Previously on PJD:

She just relived our families deaths," Chase says. Everyone is silent.

"Can the people outside fix this?" I ask. Chase nods.

"They can fix anything," he says. Then he stands up and picks her up in his arms. I recognize this as the place we jumped to get to the fence before. We all jump and run towards the fence.

"Uh, so we just...walk through it?" Leo laughs nervously. Chase's expression remains stony.

"Actually, yes," he says. Leo raises his eyebrows as Chase runs through the fence and onto the other side. Everyone follows until it's just Annabeth and I. I turn around and look at the empty dry fields and the buildings beyond.

"Goodbye, factions," I whisper as Annabeth and I run through the fence.

_____________________________

Percy's POV

After at least 30 minutes of walking, we see a small shack in the distance. We start running and yelling, and a man comes out of the shack. His hair is white and he has a beard and mustache. He look very old and hunches over as he walks towards us. We make it to the shack and the man whispers something into a small device on his shirt.

"Sir, please help us. Our friend here-there's something wrong with her, we don't know what's happening. We came before and someone told us that once we found more than one xenos to save then-" Chase is cut off by a sob from Celeste. He cups her face and shushes her gently.

"You wish for our help? Why did you leave the factions? To seek help? And what happened" the man asks, beckoning us inside. Chase explains what happened to him and the man just nods, but something seems off.

"What's that thing on your shirt you keep whispering too?" I interrupt Chase while he is talking, and the man looks over at me strangely.

"What business of it is yours?" Asks the man.

"What your name anyway?" Asks Annabeth.

"My name is Zeus, mind you. And this thing on my shirt is a communication device-" he is cut off when everyone pulls out their guns and aims it at him. By this time the sun is going down. We all knew that a communication with someone else is bad news.

"Code red, code red," whispers Zeus. I stand up and press the gun to his head.

"What the hell is code red," I demand. Zeus gulps.

"You better run on back to your factions because they will be here soon," Zeus says.

"Who?" Jason demands. Zeus gulps again.

"The people who will take you into the great beyond, where you'll never see the factions again. And if you want it, go ahead, but trust me, the factions are safer than where you want to go," Zeus says. I glare.

"You know nothing," I whisper and take my gun away from his head. He lets out a breath and then Celeste sobs again.

"We need to make it stop soon. What if it never does?" Chase says, his voice rising. Frank pats his back.

"She will be okay, it's fine," Hazel says calmly. Chase just shakes his head and strokes her hair.

"Lets go outside and see the people who are going to take us away to a "horrible" world that's not he factions," Leo says. We walk outside and are happily greeted by an entire fleet of helicopters and strange floating aircrafts. Over 20 men stand around us with guns. We all put our hands up, except for Chase who is holding Celeste.

"We don't want any fighting, we just want to go to the world without factions," Thalia says.

"Oh trust me, you don't have a choice, plus your already in it," a man-seems like the commander-says. I hear multiple pops and shots, and as I fall to the ground my world goes black.

Sorry the chapter was so short again

Love you all

-Amber❤️