C h a p t e r~F o r t y T w o

Previously on PJD:

Annabeth groans and gets up, and then does a move that makes me start rolling on the floor laughing. She judo-flips Leo. He lands on his back with a grunt and Annabeth just claps her hands together and sits on the edge of my bed. When I roll on my shoulder and wince, I stop laughing and get up.

"Percy I think you need more rest," Annabeth says. I just nod and lay back in the bed, closing my eyes.

____________________________

Percy's POV

Good times never last. I should know.

I am in the glass box again, Kronos is back. He is staring me dead in the eye.

"People make mistakes Percy. I made mine when I chose not to do what I should've done this day," Kronos growls. Annabeth is in the chair again, gagged, dirty, crying. The water is already half way up me, faster than last time. I wince as a man approaches Annabeth. The water is up to my dead now.

He raises his hand and there is a shiny glinting knife in it. Just as I start to drown, and the water does not help me at all, he plunged the knife into her heart. She dies, and at that moment I don't care. Because I die with her.

________________________________

I bolt up, my breaths coming fast and hard. Annabeth had a cloth on my forehead, and when I bolt up she springs away. I am covered in sweat.

"Percy what's wrong?" she asks me, sitting on the edge of the bed again and grabbing my hand.

"Just...nothing," I say, trying to calm my racing heart. I lay back sighing, as images flash through my head. It wasn't real. It wasn't real.

"It wasn't nothing. Please tell me," she whispers, touching my shoulder lightly. Then I realize it no longer hurts.

"Wait...it healed?" I interrupt her thought process.

"Yeah, some factionless doctors checked you out and got some healing ointment on you. You healed up so fast no one knew how," Annabeth explains.

"Where's Leo?" I ask. Annabeth sighs and stands up.

"He left this morning. You were out all yesterday and all night. He told me to tell you goodbye," she says. I just nod. Then she bites her lip and looks around to see if anyone is here. Then she looks back at me, cupping my face in her hands.

"Percy, Athena lied. I mean, not really but, the factionless want to hand you over to Erudite. Athena doesn't believe your divergent. She thinks your something else. They are planning to turn you in at noon today. That's an hour from now," she whispers so I can barely hear. I bolt up and start grabbing her hand to bolt out the door but she pushes me back down on the bed.

"So there's no where safe for you-I mean us," I say, catching myself. Luckily Annabeth ignores it.

"Not exactly..." she says. I raise my eyebrows.

"Annabeth what do you know?" I demand. She pulls out a small device, a walkie-talkie, and presses a button on it. Then she speaks into the speaker short clear words.

"Will Solace, I think we need your help."

________________________________

We crept through the forest, silent as ninjas. We had our guns and knives ready for anyone who dared attack us, yet it was unlikely. We were on the small border fence that we could easily climb in 30 seconds, when we heard an all too familiar voice.

"Leaving so soon?" It said. I spin around, gun instantly in my hand.

"Athena, mom, let us go please. We just want to head back to dauntless, please let us go. We couldn't stand being away from everyone," Annabeth lies smoothly. Athenas expression does not waver.

"Annabeth, I'm not dumb. I will let you head back to dauntless, but if your not back my noon, you know that I know where you are. We will find you, and someone will have to die," she whispers the last part.

Me, I think.

I take Annabeths hand and we run past the fence and jump into the train.

Will Solace from Amity had convinced his Father, one of the leaders of Amity, to take the two of us in peacefully. Annabeth and Will had known each other since they were young, and hung out a lot. They had been keeping touch with the walking-talkie, but barley because everything that had been happening.

"Hey Will, were on our way," Annabeth says into the walkie-talkie. No response, but I shrug as we see Amity up ahead. As we near, there is a sight that nearly causes me to pass out. There's a man dressed in Amity clothes holding a gun, and he's pointing it at the oncoming train. Right where Annabeth is sitting. I hear to faint shots and they fly into the train and I tackle Annabeth out of the way, and the bullets miraculously clang off the side of the train and back onto the man.

The man dies.

Told ya someone would die!

But don't worry, there's more to come!

Love yall!

-Amber❤️